Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Guillow's F4U-4 Corsair Kit help

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Guillow's F4U-4 Corsair Kit help

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 05:51 PM
David Drew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guillow's F4U-4 Corsair Kit help

Hi, I have recently came across an old (dated 1971) Guillows f4u-4 corsair kit.
I have most of the kit assembled and was wondering if someone might help me out on a problem I have. I noticed according to the plans that the rods that go to the aelirons and flaps do not go into the fuselage. I'm not sure how exactly this plane is flown by radio because the plans don't go into any detail on the subject other than stating it was ideal for radio control. If someone has this same kit and has outfitted it for radio flight could you give me some pointers? I know that some gliders use the elevators and rudder for control but on this plane I would think that would be different. I see that the model is still sold today, maybe the plans have been revised since 1971. If this is the case I would love to have a pdf of the plans or something of the sort. Also, does anyone know of a site that gives the basic layout of how the various components work in model airplanes? This is my first project and I know very little on the subject.

Thanks.
Old 06-25-2003, 12:43 AM
flianbrian

Guillows site has one with a wingspan of about 30". Is this what you have? I suppose it would take mini- or micro- radio gear if so (I have no experience with something this small). Perhaps the ailerons and flaps are operated via bellcranks.

If you've not flown before, the Corsair wouldn't be a good first airplane to fly, though of course there's no harm in building it.
Old 06-25-2003, 01:11 AM
David Drew

Yes, that is the exact model that I'm building. The one with the 30 3/4 " wing span. (the model was given to me, so I figured I would give it a try.)