Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Buying Futaba 10CG from Hong Kong?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Buying Futaba 10CG from Hong Kong?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 12:09 PM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying Futaba 10CG from Hong Kong?

I am interested in getting a Futaba 10CG 2.4 gHz Radio with a 8 Channel Receiver, Tower Hobbies only sells one with the 14 Channel Receiver; however I found a site in Hong Kong that sells the same radio but offers it with a 8 channel Receiver, as well as a 14 channel Receiver or no Receiver; and all are for considerable less, including Shipping than Tower; but regardless, I am only interested in the 8 Channel receiver; has anyone had experience with ordering from Hong Kong with shipment to the USA; 'Good' 'Bad', etc.

Here is the website: http://www.rc711.com/shop/index.php

Thanks.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:23 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Default RE: Buying Futaba 10CG from Hong Kong?

Is it mode 1 or 2?

david
Old 07-29-2009, 01:36 PM
dasintex

You can get it in either Mode; Left Hand throttle or Right Hand Throttle.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:56 PM
David Bathe

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

These guys are used to overseas customers.
Go for it.

I imported a JR 10X with 3 full top of the range flight packs... receivers/ batteries/ switches and dig' servos etc
including shipping and delivery it still cheaper than local! And that was only the tranny and one rec'!

Just make sure you aren't going to be hammered by local customs and taxes.
You need to work on your smugling technique.

The Norwegians tend to have a Black Belt in that by the time they leave infant school.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:18 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Also, don't expect to send it to Hobby Services and expect them to honor the warranty if it's not purchased through a retail channel in North America
Old 07-29-2009, 03:17 PM
dasintex

Appreciate the replys, just wanting to hear from others with experience buying from Hong Kong, or other places, sometimes saving money isn't the only consideration.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:33 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm going to spell this wrong, sorry. I went to Bruckners in NY to buy my Futaba and was able to get it with just the items I wanted, way cheaper then Tower ever sold them for. And if something went wrong with the radio {it didn't} I had factory support.
You may want to give them a call.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:41 PM
ro347
My Feedback: (13)

what about servocity.com?
Old 07-29-2009, 07:34 PM
dasintex

First off I want to say that I have used Futaba for years, and have never had a problem; I sat back and watched the 2.4 transition and saw other die hard Futaba users switch to JR/Spectrum; because frankly Futaba was slow on the draw; then they came out with their 10C and I thought what a great Idea, to have a modular based radio that has a built in 72mHz antenna and came with the 2.4gHz Module with it's own antenna, the best of both worlds; now you can get into 2.4gHz and still fly your 72mHz planes by simple changing out the 2.4gHz module for a Futaba 72mHx Module, which I use from my 9C; I went ahead and bought the new 10C with the 14 channel RX ; which by the way was the only Receiver offered with the radio; then I came to the revelation that it is not a big deal to just take my 9C out to the field with my 10C; what a waste of money, not only was the redundant 72mHz antenna but the 14 Channel RX is still in the box unused; then low and behold, typical Futaba style; then released a 2.4gHz dedicated/integrated 10CG Radio, but sadly, only the 14 Channel RX is offered.

I am willing to sell my 10C, take a loss, but why would I want to buy the 10CG from Great Planes/Hobbico/Tower/Futaba : Whatever! and have TWO 14 Channel Receivers sitting on the bench, more waste.

Ironically, in Hong Kong and other places; the radio I want, the 10CG; is offered without a receiver, or with a choice of a 8 Channel RX (which is what I want) or a 14 Channel RX (not what I want); but not here in the USA. The answer is simple, FUTABA is ripping us off, they know we will go out and buy the more expensive 10CG with the 14 Channel RX regardless if we need it or not; they know most won't wait until eventually they allow Great Planes/Hobbico/Whatever to offer the Radio with a choice of Receivers or no Receiver at all; we are like sheep here in the USA, being led around, it sucks.

My rant for the day.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:56 PM
MasterAlex

Too late for Das, but maybe someone looking for a 10C might consider Servo City.  Check out the link, you can order the 10c like an ala carte meal - just the way you want, without paying for the bloated 14 channel receiver.  Nice option.  You may want to send them a message and see if they plan on carrying the new integrated radio, if so, they'll probably offer the same ala carte ordering ability.

-MA
Old 07-29-2009, 08:50 PM
dasintex

I checked Servo City; and yes you do have a choice of receivers and correct me if I'm wrong, but the only choice of 2.4gHz you have is a 14 Channel RX; the rest are 72mHz and you have a selction of 4 of them to pick from; still back to square one and the lack of choice of receivers with the New 10CG in the USA from Hobbico/Great Planes and ultimately Futaba.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:37 AM
carrellh

The 10C with no module or receiver is $399.99 at servo city
with 2.4 module, and no receiver, it is $499.99
Adding an 8 channel receiver makes it $639.98

Edit to add: If a 7 channel receiver will fit your needs, you can be 'out the door' for $599.98
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12197.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	1246463   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12109.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	1246464   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68651.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	1246465  
Old 07-30-2009, 03:54 PM
dasintex

I understand that you can get the 10CA radio, with the different Receivers; I already have the 10CA, which is the Modular Based Unit; my point in all this, is that Tower Hobbies/Hobbico/Great Planes now sells the newly released 10CG or 10CAG which is the Non-Modular- 2.4gHz Intergrated Model and it is currently only available with a 14 Channel Receiver, yet the 10CAG is available in other markets without a Receiver or a choice of receivers much like Servo City offers the older Modular 10CA Model; here in the USA we have to wait.