Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

2.4 buddy box problem

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

2.4 buddy box problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Stick 40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4 buddy box problem

This question was asked the the beginners forum , but I wanted to reask in another forum and maybe pick up some one that may not go to the beginners forum.

I put a 2.4 RX into the club trainer and had a lot of trouble with it. When I give it to the student the Ail. servo will work for a few min. and then slow down or quit. But if I take it back I have full control with my X9303 2.4 sys( Slave is a XF421ex 72 band). I have tested this at home and it repeats the problem, the Ail servo will work for about 5 min. and then fail, for the slave but the master works fine.

I have tried 3 servos into the wing, at present I have a new Hitec servo in the wing ( one serve).

I emailed Horizon about using the 2.4 tx as master with the 72 band tx as slave and they said this is alright. They said to leave the slave tx turned off with the battery in it, and that seems to be right.

Irish said that the 6v batter might run the Ail servo too fast, so I tried it with a 4.8v batter same problem.

At present I am putting the old Futaba trainer system back into the plane and see if that fixs it.

thanks for any help, I am really tired of this and the problem is not a good thing for the student. I know he has been having a problem over this as he is unsure of how and what he is doing.

sticks
Old 08-02-2009, 05:03 PM
The Ghost

Default RE: 2.4 buddy box problem

Sounds like a problem with the slave unit. I have the same radio (DSX9 AUS Model) and use a JR APEX 7 as the slave and there is no problems. Have you tried the setup with a different slave unit?(Yes,No) I will ask, it may be silly but is the battery in the slave unit ok and charged and does the slave unit work OK by its self, there may be a problem with the encoder in the slave unit.

Cheers
Old 08-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Stick 40

I am getting to the same thought, I think there is a issue with the slave RX.

The battery in the slave RX is a 1500 Mi-MH and was new last spring.

we tried another TX, but it was the cheapest one (dx5 or something) and it would not even power up without moving the trainer cable around.

thanks
sticks
Old 08-03-2009, 01:58 AM
The Ghost

Yes the radio used for the buddy box has to be in working order, at least as far as the encoder goes. If it still works as a stand alone radio system then it will be good to go as a buddy box.

Cheers
Old 08-03-2009, 08:46 AM
Stick 40

I have went back to the futaba 72 band in the trainer. I will look for the RX to that salve TX and try it as a stand alone and go from there.

I have contacted Horizon and asked thier tech. dept. about this and am waiting for a reply.

We went out this morning and got a good day in with the student , so we are moving forward with him anyway.

thanks

sticks