Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

House of Balsa Corsair - 25/30 size

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

House of Balsa Corsair - 25/30 size

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 10:06 PM
JT Hammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default House of Balsa Corsair - 25/30 size

I acquired a HOB Corsair already built and apparently flown a few times successfully after
some leading edge mods. I am presently installing
the radio, etc, but I have no info on where the C.G. location should be. Can anyone help me out?
If I get 5 different answers, I'll divide by 5 and use the average.....Just kidding!

Scrappy Pappy (Terry)
Old 06-25-2003, 12:25 PM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Are you sure it is HOB (House of Balsa)? Altho at one time they made a variety of warbirds, I don't recall ever seeing them make a Corsair. If by chance the cowl is aluminum, I would bet it is from a Royal kit.
Old 06-25-2003, 06:41 PM
JT Hammer

Default HOB Corsair

It's a House of Balsa airplane all right. I almost ordered it several times when it was a current kit. It's probably been 4 or 5 years since it was advertised in the mags. The cowling for this kit is plastic. By the way this isn't the old warbird Corsair with the gull bent wing. This Corsair is patterned after the jet. It has a swept back wing (shoulder winger) with the canapy way up front. The model uses a typical puller type engine with the prop up front. It is small -about a 40 inch span. Sorry if I confused you; I should have been more specific!....Pappy (Terry)
Old 06-25-2003, 11:01 PM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, I remeber that one now. Actually, the correct name for it is Corsair II, just as the A-10 is a Thunderbolt II, and the McDonnell F4 is a Phantom II.
Anyway, sorry, I can't offer any help on the this (as far as C.G. goes)
Old 06-26-2003, 05:02 PM
ludwig

Default hob A-7 corasir 11

I also have one of these, the plans say; forward cg 15.5% of mac, aft cg limit 21.1% of mac. I checked mine and the cg is 6 3/4 in. from the rear of the canapy. hope this helps.
Old 06-26-2003, 05:41 PM
JT Hammer

Default HOB Corsair II

Thanks ever so much for the CG info. Since I am not sure what % of MAC means, I'll go with 'your' reference point i.e. 6 and 3/4" from rear of canopy. By the way have you flown your Corsair, and if so how does it fly? I've heard the earlier productions needed a leading edge mod to improve the flight characteristics.
The fuse looks quite big and bulky but lots of room for the gear. The wing appears quite small - likely under 400". I suspect the standard OS .25 I have to be rather marginal for power. I was thinking of cramming in a 40 or 46 (the other extreme). A .32 would likely be just right, but I don't have one. Guess I'll go with the .25 and use a hardtop surface for a nice long take-off. Any other comments are welcome.......Scappy Pappy