Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Seagull 260 rolls to the right.... Help

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Seagull 260 rolls to the right.... Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 11:27 AM
k3 valley flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Seagull 260 rolls to the right.... Help

OMG!
Old 09-02-2009, 09:01 PM
tryan02

Hi!
Any plane that snaps in either a sharp turn or in a loop...is to heavy!
Or more precisely has too high wing loading!!
That may be true but the planes we are talking about have elevator surfaces almost twice the size of the horizontal stabilizer and it is very easy to stall the tail and have the engine torque snap the plane to the right.

I just got back from flying my 180 seagull extra 260 I cut the throw back on the elevator and still got it to do it a bit but its almost gone so a little less throw and problem will be solved.

To charlie1960 Dead on analysis for me thank you for the support!!!![8D]
Old 09-02-2009, 09:50 PM
k3 valley flyer
My Feedback: (18)

The comment about plane being to heavy came from JAKA, not me. Weight has nothing to do with it. Like Charlie 1960 I also suggested it was due to to much throw in the elevator. One of the first things we do at our field with a new plane is take it up high and give it full up elevator while climbing to see if it will snap. If it does we land and take some throw out of the low rates. Alot of the guys leave it in on the high rates because they want it to snap on high rates if full up given. They like to see em corkscrew. Glad you solved the problem.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:41 PM
tryan02

oops sorry k3 valley flyer ment to do a general reply wasnt aimed at you. I did see you also called this one and appreciate it finally at the end of page 1 the problem of snapping right was resolved thanks to you also.

I see your from Central IL I am northeast MO across the river from Quincy IL I make it to champain every year for E-fest the champain kids take there modeling extra serious.