Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

fried esc or motors? help!

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

fried esc or motors? help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 09:41 AM
pilot701
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fried esc or motors? help!

Ok I am a complete noob at electrics so i need some help. I recently bought and flew a GuanLi Catalina (brushless version RTF, which i must say get 5 stars for overall good build and quality) and landed hard on my pond due to pilot error, and some water got in the esc's and motors. one motor worked thereafter, after drying out the other it ran up all the way to. but out of the blue they stopped working and recieve no input from throttle, all they do is sit there beeping once every 5 seconds. The lipo is charged all the way and every servo works, but no motors... what am i doing wrong or what is wrong, please help!
Old 08-26-2009, 09:47 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: fried esc or motors? help!

Have you tried holding low throttle for ten seconds, then going to high throttle (Hold there for a few seconds) and back to low throttle?

That is often how an ESC is "Armed" before it turns the motors
Old 08-26-2009, 09:55 AM
pilot701
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fried esc or motors? help!

I have tried that aswell cant seem to get it to work i should keep trying that, but before I could just put it at full for a couple seconds decrease it to cut the=n it woul work.