Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

This is weird...

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

This is weird...

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 10:24 AM
perreback

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is weird...

I recently installed a smoke system in my Hangar 9 Extra 260, and since I was using a Hitec Optic 6, I suddenly found myself one channel short: my Extra is set up with one channel for each control surface (ailerons, two elevator halves, rudder) and obviously one for the throttle, which equals six channels. This was a good excuse to buy a decent transmitter (not that there is anything wrong with the Optic 6), so I purchased a JR DSX9. I removed the Hitec receiver and installed the receiver that came with the DSX9. Here’s the weird part: I run two JR heavy duty switches on my Extra (for redundancy), and after installing and setting up my new radio system, I noticed that both switches had changed, so that “off” is now “on”, and vice versa. I had a hard time convincing my friends that this was in fact so; they looked at me as if I was drunk or something. How do you explain this change?

I tried to take pictures on one of the switches and the volt watch, but they turned out somewhat blurry. What I’m trying to illustrate is that when the switch is in the “off” position, the volt watch is “on”.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:01 PM
dbacque
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: This is weird...

I've done the same thing and it's easy to explain. You've got the charging jack hooked to the receiver.

When the switch is in the ON position, the battery is hooked to the jack that should go to the receiver.

When the switch is in the OFF position, the battery is hooked to the charging jack.

So swap the charging jack wire with the wire that you've got going to the receiver and you should be good to go.

Dave
Old 09-08-2009, 12:12 PM
perreback

OK, thanks. I'll look into it. It's been a couple of weeks since I installed the new radio, so I can't remember whether in fact I already tried various ways of hooking up the receiver, but apparently I've missed something. Thanks for the tip.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:20 PM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi!
...Or you have just turned the aluminium On-Off plate...!
Old 09-08-2009, 02:28 PM
perreback

Well, no, because then it (or rather they) would be upside down.

Duh... I just realised what they look like - they can't actually *be* "upside down".
Old 09-08-2009, 02:33 PM
huck1199

May be you turned the switch 180 degrees.