Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Best Fuel Line

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 07:47 PM
TakingFlight96

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Fuel Line

I was wondering what brand Fuel Line would be the best to use. Lately, all the fuel tubing in almost every plane of mine & my dads has broken, gotten a tiny tear, slipped off, and was just a pain in the butt. Anyway, I was wondering if anybody could recommend some good fuel line. We believe the lines that were causing the troubles were Great Planes fuel lines. I don't if its the brand or the fact we may have just gotten a bad batch. We've replaced the lines at the beginning of the season this year. Thanks.

TF96
Old 09-11-2009, 08:11 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Best Fuel Line

I've always had very good luck with Du-bro fuel line. Other fuel lines just seem like spaghetti to me and they easily split or come off of a fitting.

I also had a roll of from Prather Products that was great.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:36 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Whatever my LHS has in stock. I do use barbs soldered onto the ends of my brass tubes. I also cut off about 1/8th inch piece of fuel line and slip it over the line ends then when it's over the brass I slide the little piece up and over so it's double holding onto the brass tube, none of my lines slide off.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:15 AM
andrew66

I use dubro fuel line, no barbs or twist ties, and the only time a fuel line came undone was in a very hard crash. I also think that fuel line that has been sitting on the shelf for a long time probably wont be as good.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:32 PM
TakingFlight96

Thanks for the advice guys ! The fuel line was purchased and put in at the beginning of the season. So, I'm not sure if sitting too long would be an issue. I'am being delayed anyway due to a non-RC related hand injury. Thanks. Anymore suggestions are welcome.

TF96
Old 09-13-2009, 11:45 PM
Gray Beard

What color is the fuel line you are using?? It isn't yellow by any chance?? Just wondering.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:31 PM
TakingFlight96

No its not yellow. Its just the standard light blue stuff. Whats up with the yellow lines ?

TF96
Old 09-14-2009, 10:08 PM
Gray Beard

Nothing at all, I was just wondering if maybe you and your dad may have set up your planes with Tygon line for gas. It tends to get stiff and brittle over a short time. And I learned the hard way you can't use it for your pressure line to the muffler. I did it one day in a pinch and it melts!! My bad and a lesson learned.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I like the "white" Sullivan Silicone fuel line for glow fuel. Seems to hold up best for me.