Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Which prop.....Master Airscrew or APC?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Which prop.....Master Airscrew or APC?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2002, 11:36 PM
Someone11-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which prop.....Master Airscrew or APC?

1. Master Airscrew
2. APC
3. Other
*reply to thread w/ what prop it is*

Which prop is best; Master Airscrew, APC, or something else. Which of those props gives the best performance? Are there any other props better than those I should be aware of?

THANKS-Brian

:spinnyeye
Old 03-30-2002, 12:09 AM
Ted Farmin

The APC is by far the better prop because it is quite a bit thinner therefore you gain what energy would have been wasted by turning the thicker blade. Usually you can use one size larger pitch with a apc over what you would use with a master air screw.
Old 03-30-2002, 01:00 AM
Kevlar
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default APC

Personally, I prefer the APC. I find it easier to balance, meaning it's not affected as much when taking off material from one blade or the other. Just grab your Dremel and grind away...
Old 03-30-2002, 03:51 AM
ec121
My Feedback: (2)

Default Best prop!!!

There really is no best prop. There is a spread of prop performance that allows one to fit the props to his airframe. I prefer to use APC props as a rule, but I will also use a Master airscrew or wood in the same pitch if I want a bit more pull and a little less top end. From what I've read most props aren't quite the pitch they advertise. APCs come close, but MAs are a little lower pitched than the APCs. Zingers are a little higher pitched than Top Flights in the wood props. Because of this you can fine tune the power of your plane to fit its performance envelope by swapping props, even though they are the nominally the same size, til it flies the way you want it to. On the bigger engines I've seen it recommended to use a wooden prop to keep from bending the crankshaft on a less than perfect landing.
Old 03-30-2002, 04:09 AM
KidVermin
My Feedback: (3)

Any of the Master Airscrew over 12" dia. have needed balancing.
APC show less deflection and close on balance.
T/F Power point are my favorite, all balance when new.