Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Gluing a Foam wing without Spars? Ace Hi Mark 2

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Gluing a Foam wing without Spars? Ace Hi Mark 2

Old 07-01-2003, 09:04 PM
pancake
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gluing a Foam wing without Spars? Ace Hi Mark 2

I've got a Ace hi Mark 2 glider. the wing is all foam with no spars. I have glued the center section with epoxy previously but it has not been very strong. The center section also has a power pod for a norvel engine. Any suggestions to make it stronger?
Should i wrap it with fiberglass tape and Thinned epoxy? I am trying to keep the weight at a minimum. Would white glue work better?
Old 07-02-2003, 02:17 AM
Dsegal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gluing a Foam wing without Spars? Ace Hi Mark 2

It was about 10 years ago that I built the model. I flew it first as a glider on a Hi-Start and later converted it to e-power. I followed the instructions and never had any worries about the strength of the wing. I did put holes into the facing edges of the wing panels to allow the epoxy to have a greater area to hold. If you are worried about the strength of the joints it won't add much weight to tape and epoxy them. Remember, this is not a super light competition model anyway. It is a sport trainer and build it so you will feel confident with it.

Dave Segal