Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Model Tech Magic Extra ARF - 40

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Model Tech Magic Extra ARF - 40

Old 10-20-2009, 08:55 AM
mxracer342

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Model Tech Magic Extra ARF - 40

I am pretty new to rc flying and I am about to build my first plane.A buddy of mine gave me aModel Tech Magic Extra ARF and it doesn't have any assembly instructions. Does anyone know where I might find some? Ithink I can probably figure it out but since this is my first build I thought the instructions would be useful.

Thanks
Jason
Old 10-20-2009, 09:19 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Model Tech Magic Extra ARF - 40

First let me say that this is NOT a good first airplane.

That said, here's a review that should help you with the assembly:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=240
Old 10-21-2009, 10:08 PM
mxracer342

This isn't my first plane Ihave been flying for two months and Ihave a funtana 40 s im flying now. This is the first one Iam building. Thanks for the help Ireally appreciate it.
Jason
Old 10-30-2009, 07:50 PM
HellcatAce
My Feedback: (6)

Don't stress on the plane itself. I have one that I have been thrashing around for over four years. It has around 200+ flights on it and it still flies as great as the first day.

It flies really slow and gentle on low rates so getting used to it shouldn't have a high pucker factor for ya.

The only thing I would consider is changing the tank as mine split at the neck in about 4 flights. I also used Sullivan clevises instead of the plastic ones, and swapped the foam tires for some nice low bounce Du Bro tires. The changes are really just personal preference, but none of that stuff has ever let me down.

Just watch the covering. After 100 flights or so, it started to come off, especially the white trim on the bottom of the H stab and wing. But if the plane lasts that long, does it matter?
Old 10-30-2009, 09:34 PM
mxracer342

Thanks for the info HellcatAce. Iactually got it all together a couple days ago and took it out for a test flight. I was nervous and had a reciever issue but other than that it flew pretty good. Do you do any 3 D flying with yours? What motor are you using? Ihad a OS .46 that Ithrew on it but thinking Imay go bigger.
Thanks again.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:48 PM
F4U Corsair
My Feedback: (22)

If it is a 46FX or AX it may be overkill but should work great. I have a OS 46 LA and it hovers and pulls vertical out of sight. Fun plane, flat spins like no other. I'm repairing mine at the moment, was harriering around the field at 2' high and a gust of wind got me and cartwheeled it and snapped the fuse right behnd the wing. Will be a bit heavier when done, but will live to see another day. I'm getting rid of both of the pull/pull systems, I really don't see a need for it, especially with control rods vs. wire cables
Old 10-31-2009, 11:54 PM
mxracer342

I believe its an older OS 46 SX but not for sure. I accually took it out again today and it did great. Iwas nervous because this was my first build but it has held up so far. Ihave been practicing hoovering with an electric profile I have and am looking forward to trying it with this one. Iagree with you that the pull pull system is overkill. What prop are you using for 3D?