Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

HiTech Aurora 9 info/opinions

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

HiTech Aurora 9 info/opinions

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 08:59 PM
Toggle
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HiTech Aurora 9 info/opinions

HiTech Aurora 9
I was going to get a JR 9303 transmitter until a heard some people talking about the new Hitech Aurora 9 transmitter.
It sounds like a really good transmitter,, lots more options, back lit, touch screen and much more.
Is there any reason why I should not be getting this transmitter over the JR9303..
Not to mention the recievers are quite a bit cheaper and I buy about 5-10 airplanes a yearand dont like to swapout the recievers..
Let me know what you all think aboutthe new Hitech
http://www.hitecrcd.com/transmitters/show?name=Aurora+9
Old 11-15-2009, 09:49 PM
buz2au

Default RE: HiTech Aurora 9 info/opinions

I’ve been waiting for Hitec to go 2.4ghz, and the Aurora 9 looks real good on paper.

The only negative for me is that it has an exposed wire from the rear mounted module to the aerial, I don’t want 72mhz (not used in Oz) or 36mhz (used in Oz) so I think I’ll wait a little longer till the bring out an enclosed system.

Prices will be a fair bit higher here in Oz, have been quoted appox $AU650-$AU700 for a full 9 channel set (with servos) delivery mid December.

Will just have to wait & see I guess.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:17 PM
tschuy
My Feedback: (1)

I've been salivating over the release of the Aurora radio as well and if the features do come as advertised with their release of the product, then it would have a real value. Only problem I see is that it's release to the piblic has slipped several times and it makes one wonder if the technical issues which are there will clear up. They don't seem to share much about their developement of this radio.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:21 AM
42etus
My Feedback: (2)

Toggle,
Have you seen this thread?
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8515737/tm.htm

Paul