Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

my post locked?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

my post locked?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 05:55 PM
edmoor
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my post locked?

go ahead minnflyer.....lock me out.......where was i supposed to post this?.....i was USING YOUR VIDEO DOWNLOADS!!!! i wont be back to this forum again......what a bunch of whiney assed folks on here!!!!!
Old 12-21-2009, 06:03 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: my post locked?

I'm sorry, but my hands are tied in this matter. I saw your post earlier and let it slide even though RCU Posting Rules clearly state, "RCUniverse.com is focused on R/C. Accordingly, topics must remain R/C related."

However, a member reported the post as non-RC related. When a post is reported, it's hard to say, "Yea, I know, but we're going to look the other way"
Old 12-21-2009, 07:08 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

why is it when a newbie doesn't get his way, he blows up and threatens to never come back? Do they think they are above the site rules?
Old 12-21-2009, 08:56 PM
rwright142

My apologies to everyone here if my "belly achin" comments on the other post offended anyone. I was being 'tongue in cheek' when I posted using "redneck"jargon. I did actually live in the country and can appreciate his frustration with internet service providers. And I know it is spelled "satellite".
You did what you had to do MinnFlyer.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:51 PM
tonyg11780

Ya know......

Being that this is a website that is accessed via the INTERNET, and the site itself contains videos that must be downloaded and watched via the INTERNET, and that the site is here for user entertainment solely based on the INTERNET.....anyone whose hamster is spinning that wheel fast enough would think that internet problems would be a good topic of discussion on any website.

Ed was only attempting to warn other viewers who may be thinking of joining Hughes.net that they may want to rethink their decision. Seems like a valid discussion topic to me.

Im with Ed...whether Im a new guy or not...seems to be a little "clickish" around these here parts. Just because it isnt a topic of interest to the moderators, doesnt necessarily give them the right to lock the topic...

I think I am going to go through this website over the next few days and report any thread that is remotely off topic and see if the "moderators" will remove all of them....does that seem fair? Or are you only going to remove the ones that you dont like...

The First Amendment, Freedom of Speech, also pertains to the internet...and being that this is a free website, seems like those rights are being infringed upon.

But hey, thats just one users opinion...

TonyG
Old 12-21-2009, 09:59 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

The above post is exactly the attitude that makes 95% of internet content junk. This forum, as with most online forums, is about one topic. A guy either needs to post content related to the topic that the forum exists for or don't post at all. The moderators on here do a good job of keeping the site clean and uncluttered with junk. Personally, I'd like them to be more heavy handed than they are but they've struck a comfortable balance that satisfies most. Yes, there is a clique (note spelling) on this site. The clique is RC flyers who want to talk about RC. Is there something wrong with that? Try reading some of the unmoderated forums if you want to truly learn to appreciate what these guys do here.

Paul
Old 12-21-2009, 10:02 PM
tonyg11780

I have been sitting here the last ten minutes and easily found ten topics not related to anything RC...

Can you tell me why others get left?

If no, your wasting your breath...you have no argument.

Thank you for playing...

TonyG
Old 12-21-2009, 10:04 PM
tonyg11780

For instance....

ORIGINAL: nitrorc89

ok i know this has nothing to do with rc but i really need some help.... i am 20 years old and thinking going to school... i like working with computers and was thinking about going for a computer software engineer or something working with computers.... buthere is my worrys.... salary for one, what is pay like for these jobs..... 2. finding a job, is it hard or what....

anyone here know anything about this and can help me out....
Old 12-21-2009, 10:09 PM
tonyg11780

And another that has been on here since April....

[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8642336/tm.htm[/link]

But some how this one slipped through the cracks....

All Im saying is, you cant discriminate....get rid of all of the non RC related threads or leave people alone.

TonyG
Old 12-21-2009, 10:09 PM
smithcreek
My Feedback: (25)

ORIGINAL: tonyg11780

The First Amendment, Freedom of Speech, also pertains to the internet...and being that this is a free website, seems like those rights are being infringed upon.

Seriously? First amendment? Not sure, but I don't believe RCU is the government, and the first amendment applies to government restriction of speech.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:11 PM
tonyg11780

I know, but I found it funny to throw in while I was going....

TonyG
Old 12-21-2009, 10:54 PM
bassmanh
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmm

you have missed the point, (see minn's post) as he stated it was fine UNTIL someone REPORTED IT. as with the other posts if they had been reported they also would have been locked/removed I'm sure.

not saying right or wrong but just keep all facts in the equation. simple as if reported mods have to do something.

bass
Old 12-21-2009, 11:04 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

if i recall correctly, the 'locked' post actually started something like 'not sure if this is the right place to post this, but...' so the op was actually aware that certain threads belong in certain forums.

as mentioned above, the moderator 'let it slide' until it was reported; the thread was posted in the wrong place to begin with.

the thread linked above is in the 'clubhouse' forum, which i believe is a designated place for off-topic discussion.

i don't understand why people are mad/angry/frustrated - we all signed up to a site, a site which has rules that we all agreed to follow, and in this instance the rules had to be enforced. it's really no big deal.

the thread was reported by another member before it was locked. the beauty of this is that RCU actually gives the members a chance to police the site before stepping in to regulate. we should be thankful to have a 'place' that operates so smoothly.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:13 PM
tonyg11780

I completely understand that...however, why wouldnt the moderator tell the reporting member to go through and report all of the non related topics, instead of just one. If you single one out, and let the others stay...thats discriminating by someone, somewhere.

If the moderator doesnt want any unrelated topics on his forum, he should get rid of all of them...not just sit around and wait on people to report them. He must also use some form of judgement. More than likely the person reporting did not like the topic and just decided to report it...or for any reason...Is the moderator bound to remove any topic that is reported?

In order to retain some form of dignity, the moderator should either:

1. Get rid of any threads that contain foul language, are non RC related...etc.

2. Issue an apology to the offended and correct any wrong doings.

If you posted a thread, about anything....and the moderator locked it....and overlooked others that are doing the same thing that they locked yours for...would you be upset? Doesnt matter what the thread is about....if there are ten or a hundred others just like it that are being left where they are for months or years...you wouldnt like it.

TonyG
Old 12-21-2009, 11:25 PM
tonyg11780

ORIGINAL: gaRCfield

if i recall correctly, the 'locked' post actually started something like 'not sure if this is the right place to post this, but...' so the op was actually aware that certain threads belong in certain forums.

as mentioned above, the moderator 'let it slide' until it was reported; the thread was posted in the wrong place to begin with.

the thread linked above is in the 'clubhouse' forum, which i believe is a designated place for off-topic discussion.

i don't understand why people are mad/angry/frustrated - we all signed up to a site, a site which has rules that we all agreed to follow, and in this instance the rules had to be enforced. it's really no big deal.

the thread was reported by another member before it was locked. the beauty of this is that RCU actually gives the members a chance to police the site before stepping in to regulate. we should be thankful to have a 'place' that operates so smoothly.

1. Yes, the thread began in that manner. Therefore, the thread should have been moved to its proper place....not locked.

2. The Clubhouse Forum title states "If it doesn't fit in any other category AND IS ABOUT GENERAL RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse."

3 I personally am frustrated due to the fact that we signed up to, and enjoy a site that allows certain members to go free and others get discriminated against.

4. This particular thread was reported when others were overlooked....policing the site is great...and I agree with it completely. However, you cant offend members just because some "person" stated that it wasnt what he wanted to see by reporting it.

If Im wrong, and the moderator were to move the thread to the proper place, unlock it, and apologize I would myself admit that I am wrong...and apologize accordingly. However, I "Moderate" construction crews and large construction projects all day long...while negotiating with some of America's largest cell phone service providers...I know the proper way to get things done...and I know when to call BS...

TonyG

Old 12-21-2009, 11:25 PM
bassmanh
My Feedback: (5)

time to stop feeding the TROll

bass
Old 12-21-2009, 11:28 PM
tonyg11780

Not trolling...just trying to prove a point.

If you believe in something, do you give up?

Not I...

TonyG
Old 12-21-2009, 11:37 PM
Insanemoondoggie

Yep TROLL .
Old 12-22-2009, 01:04 AM
timcat26

ORIGINAL: tonyg11780

Ya know......

Being that this is a website that is accessed via the INTERNET, and the site itself contains videos that must be downloaded and watched via the INTERNET, and that the site is here for user entertainment solely based on the INTERNET.....anyone whose hamster is spinning that wheel fast enough would think that internet problems would be a good topic of discussion on any website.

Ed was only attempting to warn other viewers who may be thinking of joining Hughes.net that they may want to rethink their decision. Seems like a valid discussion topic to me.

Im with Ed...whether Im a new guy or not...seems to be a little "clickish" around these here parts. Just because it isnt a topic of interest to the moderators, doesnt necessarily give them the right to lock the topic...

I think I am going to go through this website over the next few days and report any thread that is remotely off topic and see if the "moderators" will remove all of them....does that seem fair? Or are you only going to remove the ones that you dont like...

TonyG
I'm sure this has been addressed above already, but I couldn't help but put my $.02 in.

This forum is privately owned. Therefore, rules apply. They may seem arbitrary and not to your liking. That's just tough, ain't it? Your absolute Freedom of Speech and Expression do not necessarily apply here. They do however allow you the Freedom to either visit here or not, your own call. If you choose to visit and post, either abide by the rules or be gone. Pretty simple concept, huh?

In my opinion, your one users opinion sucks. But hey, that's just me. With this post, I will remove the feed bag from the Troll's head.

May you live in interesting times.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:07 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Minn. did what he had to do because somebody complained. It would interest me to know why the complainant felt the need to do so. What was in that thread that would offend anyone?
Old 12-22-2009, 07:33 AM
tonyg11780

Thats exactly my point...I call foul play...and thats it.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:05 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The entire situation has been explained and it appears that a few want to carry on with a conversation that is going no where. RCU has rules in place to that make RCU what it is today. As mentioned, if you do not like the rules here at RCU and think that the policies are not to your liking then by all means feel free to visit other sites, as the moderation team here will do it's best to make sure the rules are followed so that RCU can be enjoyed by all that do want to stay with in the rules. I am going to lock this post down. Thanks Dave