Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Buddy Box question

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Buddy Box question

Old 12-23-2009, 05:27 PM
philip clemmons

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buddy Box question

If I am using a DX-7 as a master and a DX-5E as a slave, and have expo in the aircrafts program in the DX-7, will it carry over to the DX-5E?

I have a twitchy plane for my wife that needs lots of expo for her to be able to fly it. BB her wont help if the expo wont carry over........she will stuff it too quick.......lol
Old 12-23-2009, 09:27 PM
TedMo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Buddy Box question

I really don't know a thing about the DX-5E but if expo is not available on 5e then it will not happen.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:31 PM
hugger-4641
My Feedback: (6)

I'm not sure about the 5e either, but any other buddy box I've used wont carry over, the slave usually has its own trim and expo.

You might try moving the control linkages out on the horns and in on the servo arms to soften things up a little.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:42 AM
timcat26

I buddy box with my Daughter with a DX6i and a DX5e. The Expo does not carry over and I have not been able to find a way to make this happen unless I use another DX6i with a Model programmed with the exact same Expo and trim settings as the Master. It's a real PITA and we generally blow this off as I use the Trainer when she's flying.

As I understand it, there is a programming "Ping" mode you can use with the DX7 to allow the Slave unit to mimic the settings of the Master, DX7. I'd get ahold of Spektrum and go over this if it were me before attempting it.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:26 AM
philip clemmons

Just got off the phone with Spektrum. The Expo, or any programmed function, will carry over IF the DX-7 is set up as "normal" mode. It uses all its internal mixing, and only accepts stick inputs only. He explained it as having the slaves gimbals on the DX-7............all the electronic stuff still happens from the DX-7. If used in P-link, then all functions carry over from the slave radio, which in this case would have no expo................................