Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

super coverite edges

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

super coverite edges

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 12:48 PM
jchumley
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default super coverite edges

I just covered a rudder with Super Coverite and it was very easy to apply. It stretches easily around curves. It did leave a bit of a frayed edge here and there and I also got the impression that the glue was not as strong as monocote or ultracote.

How can I go about neatening up the joints? I was thinking about applying some thin dope along the joint. Would that work?

As for strength, I think I will use balsarite or stixit around the edges on the rest of the plane. Might not be necessary but it couldn't hoit.

Jeff
Old 07-09-2003, 03:28 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Jeff, I'm not sure what you mean by "neatening up the joints", but if you want to tack them down better, thin CA works great.
Old 07-09-2003, 04:51 PM
jchumley
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tacking it down better is what I need. There are little threads loose here and there but the CA should take care of it. I was concerned about the thin CA running rapidly and covering too large an area.