Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Solution to servo play?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Solution to servo play?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 06:37 AM
guille2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solution to servo play?

First part: I still have the problem with servo play as pointed here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9374281/tm.htm.
A friend of this forun reccomended to buy a conversion kit at tower hobbies... and that sparked me an idea; some months ago I bough three ugly tower pro servos that I decided not to fly even if they are umplugged. But those uggly ones has a good metal gear train and ball bearings that I realised they match very well into the S-3003 and S148 servo. So the resultant servo will be a lower case of a futaba 3003 + gear and upper case of that tower pro.
Didn't tested yet under load or functioning; before doing that I wanted to read any opinion from any "servo expert" guy here i the forum.
I promess I'll upload some photo later in this week...
Regards
Guille
Old 01-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Solution to servo play?

ORIGINAL: guille2006

First part: I still have the problem with servo play as pointed here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9374281/tm.htm.
A friend of this forun reccomended to buy a conversion kit at tower hobbies... and that sparked me an idea; some months ago I bough three ugly tower pro servos that I decided not to fly even if they are umplugged. But those uggly ones has a good metal gear train and ball bearings that I realised they match very well into the S-3003 and S148 servo. So the resultant servo will be a lower case of a futaba 3003 + gear and upper case of that tower pro.
Didn't tested yet under load or functioning; before doing that I wanted to read any opinion from any ''servo expert'' guy here i the forum.
I promess I'll upload some photo later in this week...
Regards
Guille
Just what number were these ugly Tower servos??? Just wondering.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:16 PM
jimmyjames213
My Feedback: (2)

test it, if it works use it on something not critical (flaps/throttle/rudder), if not dont.
i would just keep it as it was (w/ sloppy gears) and use it as a throttle.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:26 PM
KitBuilder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put them in seperate rooms ... ba dum bum

Mike
Old 01-11-2010, 10:20 PM
TedMo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered 6 digital,metal gear ballbearing servos from Hobby Partz for $99. so why fool trying to repair servos. Of course haven't gotten them yet but figured worth the try. I spend that much every 2 weeks, just to burn up on cigs,dumb!
Old 01-12-2010, 02:07 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The Futaba 148 and 3003 servos wear the top bearing out real easy. I just replace the cover or convert them to Ball Bearing with the Tower Kit.

I've had some of my Futaba 3004 servo's motor go bad and I just put the ball bearing cover over on a 3003 servo.

The Futaba 3004 is my primary servo type as I'm a sport flyer.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:18 PM
Greg Wright
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

All you need to do is buy good quality servos.[sm=50_50.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=biggrin.gif][sm=biggrin.gif]
Old 01-13-2010, 02:28 AM
guille2006

ORIGINAL: Greg Wright

All you need to do is buy good quality servos.
Yes Greg, you're rigth. I should have bought better servos before and I thought I was doing so when I get those cr4p Tower Pro MG995 ones. I though so too when I bougth the S3003... I thought they were better.
BTW; here are some links regarding to the Tower Pro ones:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442171
http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=12363

I promissed to upload some photos, and I will... I take profit of the opportunity to BEWARE OF THAT CR4P SERVO!!!! Don't use them!!!!

Cheers

Guille