Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

zenoah egine

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 01:56 AM
harry22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zenoah egine

hi im going to put a zenoah 45 in a giant u can do im hoping its not going to be to heavy . is it worth going to electronic ignition our should i just run the engine as is . are they hard to start standerd .as i havnt yet started this engine ? thanks for the help
Old 01-15-2010, 02:11 AM
The Ghost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: zenoah egine

Leave the ign as it is, you arn't going to save any weight by going to electronic ign. As far as starting, they start easyly once the mixtures are set the the engines have a couple of hours on them, I have the G62 and due to a bad shoulder and arm I had to make a starter out of a starter motor from a motor bike.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm34893.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	1356426  
Old 01-15-2010, 01:24 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: zenoah egine

There is a bit of a weight savings but it isn't enough to be spending all the money to convert. That's my point of view anyway. What you will get if you go with the electronic ignition is a better/easier starting?? And a smoother idle or low end. I have never felt it was enough to worry about and with the Zinoah engines I don't bother with changing. The trick to starting a Zin is to choke the engine until gas is flowing a little out of the carb, they like to be wet when starting. Then I flip my kill switch off and just give them a good flip and they fire as well as my other engines with EI. I have a spring starter on my G-62 so I just choke it, roll the prop over 1.5 turns, turn off the kill swithch and let the prop go. Fires on the first try almost every time. No battery to worry about or EI. The engines have been around sence time began so they must be doing something right.