Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

How do you organize

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

How do you organize

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 06:18 PM
bostonba745

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you organize

Hi fellas, I have recently moved and I'm in the process of setting up my new plane room. My question is how do you guys organize your tools and extra parts. I am especially curious of how you organize all your small parts and pieces, like nuts and bolts and small things like that. Pics would be great. Thanks for your help Guys.

Chris
Old 01-23-2010, 06:53 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: How do you organize

Don't know if I would call it organized but I can usually find what I need in one of these. The red one is my normal building box, two sided, the round one is an old cookie box and then there is the ever present small parts box. When I am rebuilding an engine or taking apart an old plane I use egg cartons too. Anything that comes to hand and is cheap. At the moment I have these three on the floor next to a plane I'm starting to set up. When I take out a new plane for maiden the red building box goes with me.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92081.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	1362540  
Old 01-23-2010, 10:35 PM
TedMo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mainly several ( I have 12 of those metal bins with the plastric drawers) for all the many nuts, screws, washers misc. radio and motor parts etc. Not all of that is strictly for Rc but never seem to have enough. Have most of my many tools hung visibly on wall. Several drawers full of various things Foam rubber, cowls, landing gear, spinners, wheels etc. However I've been in hobby collecting this stuff for 60 years and now at 84 almost have everything I need HA. By the way forgot to mention racks of balsa, monocote, plans misc. never ends but organization is the key.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:36 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been picking up the plastic dividers every time I go to walmart or Lowes. I pick up one or two. It has taken a lot of time to get to this point, I know it still looks like a mess, but I have a little area that is organized. If you look close you can see the plastic dividers. They are broken up into different types of things. One is for each helicopter, micro servos, standard servos, servo arms, control horns and push rod links, and so on. I use a tackle box for most of the hand type tools, screw drivers, allen wrenches.

Dru.