Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Life Source Batteries

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Life Source Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 07:41 PM
DougB1
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Life Source Batteries

Has anyone used these batteries for the receiver pack in their aircraft, adds looks inviting but want to hear how they really are from real life users.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:06 PM
RevGQ

Default RE: Life Source Batteries

I am using the 6.6 3200 mah for the first time in my TRex 600 Pro that I just finished building. I had to purchase a Triton EQ charger, so you might check to see if your current chargers are capable of charging them.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:50 AM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm curious about these batteries myself.. wondering what kind of duration they give you with a fairly standard 4-6 servo/channel aircraft. I'm not sure what a T-Rex600 requires in power to run the radio gear, but it probably can't be more then 4-5 servos and a gyro.. How many flights are you getting in before you need to charge?.. .. I'd like some kind of guage myself.. I know I can get 3 flights safely using a 1400mah Nicad running 6 hi-torque servos in 50cc aircraft.... would the "lifesource" batts give me more? Thanks.... good question on first post.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:13 AM
Steve Percifield
My Feedback: (14)

Running time is all about battery capacity, so a 2200 or 3200 (any type battery) would give you more run time assuming the load (your servos) remain the same.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:32 AM
mclina

I have been considering switching to these myself. The big advantage is that they can be fully charged in a very short time (I always hear 15 minutes). One of the downsides is that there is not a good way of measuring the remaining capacity in the packs. The voltage discharge curve is very flat.

What people seem to do, is to fully charge a pack, then fly a couple of flights, and then re-charge while monitoring the input. If you fly two flights and put 500mah back in, then you know you are using about 250mah per flight. You then decide on what is a conservative amount of flying you are willing to do on the pack. The beauty is, that after 3-4 flights, you can fully recharge while drinking a cup of coffee.

The other issue, as has been said, is that your charger needs to be LiFe compatible. I have been looking at the Turnigy Accucel 6 charger at Hobby City. It will do most batteries, including LiFe, and is only about $25. I have a similar charger, though not LiFe compatible, and it has been great.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=7028

Good luck.