Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

APC Prop problem

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

APC Prop problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 02:54 AM
fredscz
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APC Prop problem

I 'm having a problem with APC props and wondered if anyone else had similar problems and how they solved it.
I have bought three APC 15X6 props for my Saito 100 and the holes are too big for the crankshaft. I contacted APC/Landing Products[?] and they exchanged one for me but that added postage to an already expensive prop. I have just bought two 14X6's for my Saito 91 and the same problem. All of the props were new in the package. I don't like having to try and shim the shaft to make these fit. Does anybody have any solution other than to buy a different make prop?
I would much rather ream them out a little for a snug fit, but I have bought my last large APC prop unless the factory starts using a smaller reamer.
FB
Old 07-13-2003, 12:29 PM
Gene Chernosky
My Feedback: (182)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default APC Prop problem

Most likely the difference is small enough that a short piece of brass tubing over the shaft would fill it. I have to do that to use 8" APC props on my TT GP .15. Simply find the I.D. of brass tubing that will work on the O.D. of the crankshaft and size the prop's hole for the O.D. of the tubing.
Old 07-13-2003, 03:28 PM
Live Wire

Default APC Prop problem

Spinner adapters some times work.
Old 07-13-2003, 04:13 PM
outssider
My Feedback: (23)

Default APC Prop problem

i have the saito 100...i've run the 15/6 apc......my friends do the same!!....we never had a prop hole too big ...always had to ream them out just a hair for a perfect fit
Old 07-13-2003, 04:34 PM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Default APC Prop problem

Same with me. I run a 15x6 APC on my Saito 100. I have always had to ream them a bit.

Do they make more than one style of 15x6? I looked at their website and the 15x 6 Sport Prop (LP15060) is the only one I found.

Eric
Old 07-14-2003, 12:44 AM
fredscz
My Feedback: (47)

Default props

I have two Saito 100's and the two APC 15X6 sport props that I just bought have holes that are 40 thousandths too big. That's only twenty on a side but I would much rather have to ream them a little for a snug fit. I'll see if I can find a similar size piece of tubing with a 20thousandths wall thickness. Thanks to all that replied.
FB
Old 07-14-2003, 02:51 AM
xlr82v2
My Feedback: (1)

Default APC Prop problem

Maybe the props you got were store returns... and the guy who bought them the first time reamed them too big... and took them back to the LHS. He told the owner, "These props are too big."

That's my guess.