Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Best online hobby shop

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Best online hobby shop

Old 03-07-2010, 04:28 AM
ryck-aus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best online hobby shop

Hi, i've been looking around lately to try and find a good quality electric parkflyer (EDF or prop). I had a look at hobbyking and found a number of planes that i like.I was just wondering if anyone knew of any other online hobby shops that provide good quality products at a reasonably good price, and if anyoneknew ofany good planes that a should look at?

P.S. - sorry if a question like this has already been asked on this forum. Im new to RCUniverse and still working out how things work on here.

Ryan
Old 03-07-2010, 04:40 AM
Sandmann_AU

Default RE: Best online hobby shop

Only thing I've ordered from hobby king was a battery which turned up in a reasonable timeframe at a good price. I've ordered a lot of stuff from Tower Hobbies who a pretty large range, good prices, and prompt service but are held hostage by the size limits that USPS (United States Parcel Service) puts on boxes they'll ship, so you can't get large things like planes etc from them.

Make sure you check their policies on international shipping etc before you place orders with overseas companies.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:02 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1)Hobby Lobby for eletric flight
2)Tower for all hobby needs -
3)Hobby People for Magnum and Black Horse models
4)Hobby King for great prices , no instructions or warranitys but you will save an avg of $50 and over depending on the products
5)Graves Model shop Orlando for unique hard to find airplane kits
6)VQ-models run by Tomas best distributor for VQ, and ESM planes large scale warbirds
7)Nitro Planes.com , Bannana Hobbies , Raidentech, egrandbuy , if you want to gamble your well earned money lol
8)Easy tiger models -good RC eletric planes (jets ect )
9)Balsa Products googled as BPModels good prices and some unique stuff
Old 03-09-2010, 08:21 AM
Bonified Wingnut

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll add Horizon Hobby to that list. I've never bought directly from them but I have had a few of their products.-BW
Old 03-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

for simple supplies. i like myatomic.com. free shipping on $25 orders and good, friendly service.

hobbycity.com (hobbyking) has been hard to beat lately; i got a motor mount shipped from them for less than the regular cost of one, without shipping, at the u.s. hobby shops. they also have 'bootleg' propellers, and respected lithium batteries at less than half the price of everyone else.