Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Optic 6 Sport - 2.4GHz - Feedback

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Optic 6 Sport - 2.4GHz - Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Gooseman240

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Optic 6 Sport - 2.4GHz - Feedback

Well,

This is a new product, anybody get it yet. I am thinking about this one due to the price. I think this would be a 6 channel box am I right?

Easy to use, looks like a lot of functionality compared to other 2.4 systems on the low end.

http://www.hitecrcd.com/products/new...rt-2-4ghz.html
Old 04-17-2010, 06:24 AM
jetmech05

Default RE: Optic 6 Sport - 2.4GHz - Feedback

You get what you pay for...and pay for what you get......I love HiTech servos...have lots of them......
But after looking at their 9 channel 2.4 all I saw was cheap.....cheap receiver battery pack, and a cheap looking antenna....if it is supposed to be one of their best and I feel it looks cheap where I can see things....what did they do on the inside where I can't see things......

their receivers worked well on 72mHz ecept for gassers...I was told not to run their receivers on a gasser before I saw this....A guy at the field had glitching problems with his gasser and a HiTech receiver...ripped the receiver out and tossed it in the trash...replaced by a Futaba I think with the antenna routed in the same antenna tube and the receiver in the same location and the glitching stopped.....

I have no knowledge of the 6....just giving you my impression of the transmitter I looked at..and what I was told and saw....

I wish you the best
Old 04-17-2010, 08:47 AM
KW_Counter

Gooseman,
The Optic 6 is a top notch radio.
I have been using the 72 mHz version for a year now.
These radios usually come with a module for changing channels.
I recently got the 2.4 gHz module for mine but have not tried it yet.
The 2.4 version is the same radio with the appropriate module.
I am a die hard Hitec user because of their service.
I don't think you will go wrong.
Check out their forum here on RC Universe and see if there are any complaints.
Good Luck,
KW_Counter
Old 04-17-2010, 12:11 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I currently use four Hitec Prism 7X, four Hitec Eclise 7 and one JR 10SX in addition I now have five XPS 2.4 Rx's working on the JR and fourteen Hitec 7 ch 2.4 rx's all flying now.

I do not own an optic but do know it has some features that the older top line Eclipse does not and the Eclipse has some the Optic does not. I will sometime soon add the new Aurora 9 and many more Rx's to go.

Concerning the Hitec 2.4 system in general. Now haveing fourteen of the Optima 2.4 rx's all flying, I am simply thrilled with the system over all and its performance is flawless.

Now keep in mind the Hitec system is the only system currently avaliable with downlink capability to the Tx. What this means to you right now is if the battery in the airplane gets critically low (using either 4.8 or 6.0 volt packs) The Tx module will sound a loud warning in time to land.

This works and I know it works since it has already saved an airplane for me when I made a bonehead error in charging one night before and experianced the warning for real. This capability is simply magic!

John