Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

pictures??? How do I..................

Old 07-17-2003, 05:17 PM
FLYPAYSON-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default pictures??? How do I..................

Hi --could someone post the procedure as to how to post picture attachments here? I am a complete computer idiot and have no idea where to begin. I did figure out how to e-mail a pic, but to put one anywhere else????????? Thanks in advance, Travis
Old 07-17-2003, 08:01 PM
linclogs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I find in convenient to have the pic I want to post on my desktop (although it could be buried in one of your folders - you'll just have to go looking for it). Be sure the pic has been "saved" properly and has the required file extension name at the end (ie: myphoto.jpg - or something similiar). After you've keyed the text you want and are ready to add the photo, scroll down to the "Attach file" section (below your new post or reply) and click on the "browse" button. A list will pop up showing the photos you have on your desktop. Choose the one you want to attach, then hit the "Submit New Thread" or "Reply" button. Remember, there is a limit to the size of the pic you can post. If you get a message telling you the file is too big, you'll have to "save" it smaller and try again.

It is also possible to post a larger pic if you host it from another server - like from your own website - and provide a link to your website. In this case, use the "IMG" button in the vB Code section above the area where you key your text. You'll have to provide the link to your website where the photo is located. Remember, the photo will only be available as long as you continue to host it through your website. If you remeove it (or change providers), the link will no longer be good and the picture will no longer apear in the post here on RCUniverse.
Old 07-17-2003, 09:19 PM
FLYPAYSON-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default test image

test
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	94638_19716.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	54318  
Old 07-17-2003, 09:25 PM
FLYPAYSON-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Linclogs-----Thank you! It worked!! That will make life much easier for a number of reasons. Trying to do anything is just about impossible to do without a visual, especially buying, selling, trading,etc........Thanks again for the help, Travis
Old 07-17-2003, 10:11 PM
linclogs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You done good, Travis!

Looks perfect!
Old 07-17-2003, 11:05 PM
Spaceclam

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

do you have adobe photoshop?
Old 07-17-2003, 11:17 PM
FLYPAYSON-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

No adobe picture stuff ----- just cannon zoombrowser, which is what came with my camera..Is the adobe a program to make life easier for people like me???
Old 07-18-2003, 01:01 AM
Spaceclam

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

it is to edit pictures. that means you can change the size to be under 700x700 pixels, and if you save it as a jpeg, you can adjust the quality. higher quality means larger file. The maximum is 70k. it will tell you the filesize on the adjustment screen
Old 07-18-2003, 01:02 AM
Spaceclam

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

it also allows you to do stuff like this
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	94691_33145.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	54319  
Old 07-18-2003, 03:42 AM
Greyhawk

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Very cool Spaceclam. Do you know if Adobe Photoshop Elements (Photoshop Lite) will slim down the photo size?
Old 07-18-2003, 03:14 PM
Spaceclam

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i don't know about lite, but the full version can.you can probably get the full version from a friend. this is probably the most bootleged program around. It cost a lot, so nobody bought it. Every copy of this i have seen in my life is bootleged. I will bet it will slim it down. before you settle for that though, try and find somebody with the full version.
Old 07-18-2003, 04:07 PM
linclogs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I use Adobe PhotoDeluxe (a "baby version" of PhotoShop). It will do everything described and shown in the posts above. That's what came bundled with my scanner and digital camera. I find it will do all the editing I want (adjust size, quality, etc., etc.). There's still a lot to it that I've never used (or needed). If you felt like you needed to do more, PhotoShop would definitely be the way to go. But PhotoShop is publisher quality software so is very expensive and a lot more than is needed by the majority who's purpose is to post photos on message boards. However, if you've got it, it's nice to have (I'm not knocking it!).

PhotoDeluxe is no longer available from Adobe - they stopped providing or supporting it - but I'm sure you could find a copy from someone that already has it. It was bundled with many scanners and digital cameras for years. But if you decide to try it, there was also an excellent book called "The Amazing PhotoDeluxe Book" by Kate O'Day and Linda Tapscott. I've found the instructions included with most imaging software that is bundled with scanners and cameras never tell you all the software is capable of. The book explained all the things I would never have found out on my own. It showed what truely amazing software PhotoDeluxe is, considering it was "free" (bundled) software. (NOTE: I just checked Amazon and they show the book is currently out of print so it might take a bit of effort to find a copy, but it was printed in both Windows and Mac versions).

Folks I know that do have PhotoShop also say the instructions included only scratch the surface regarding it's capabilities and they have told me you really need to take a class to learn more. One individual also said even a 2-week course still would not teach you everything you'd need to know to take full advantage of all the capabilities!
Old 07-18-2003, 06:05 PM
Spaceclam

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

you are right, you don't need everything. About 2/3rds i have never used. However, a lot of people have this program. most of them have bootleg copies. (hand me down and copy thems) That little display i put up there was just a simple cut and paste. Probably the most useful tool is the lasoo. It allows you to select something in any shape you want by clicking where the bending points are. that's how i made it so you can't see the stuff next to the cap. It is also good for making it look like you are a better pilot. ie, taking the cap, putting it upside-down, draw a circle around the prop arch, use the blurr tool to blur it, and place it right over the runway. you can also edit shadows, lighting effects, replace colors, etc.
Old 07-18-2003, 07:30 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I use Photoshop on a daily basis (Bought and paid for), and even though I use it on a professional level, I still only use about 1/2 of it's capabilities. It is a super program, but for every day use by other than graphics professionals, there are hundreds of other (cheap) programs that will work as well.