Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

TROLLS?

Old 05-02-2010, 01:39 PM
willig10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TROLLS?

Guys:
Has anyone else experienced this? I am selling an airplane and received a question. The question asks "how much to ship to Alabama". (or any state). When you reply you get no response and when you go look at the guys profile he has not posted any posts, but his approval rating is all good. What is going on here? Is it RCU checking to make sure you as the seller are legit?

Kind of leaves a bad taste in your mouth when you think someone is looking at your stuff for sale.

Anyone else had this happen?

Glenn
Old 05-02-2010, 01:54 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: TROLLS?

So long as there have been things for sale, there have been people kicking tires and leaving salesmen wondering.  No big deal.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:31 PM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

I had the very same thing happen. I was selling a plane,and not list the shipping price because I didn't know where it would be shipped too. I got about 10 replies asking about shipping to here and there. I did respond to the first 3 or 4, then said this isn't worth my time looking up each state zip code and shipping costs. I kept getting emails on questions on shipping. So, what I did is not respond to those emails, let the ad expire, relisted and stated $90.00 shipping. Never heard another word. Still have the planes.
People don't want to pay the rediclious shipping charges, and I can't blame them at all.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:51 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there are alot of members that buy in the marketplace and do not post on any threads
Old 05-02-2010, 05:13 PM
willig10

I sent the reply that 20 bucks would cover fedex ground on a PM. when I looked at my sent PM box it says 0 sent,although it said when I sent it that it was succesful.This is why I believe it is a troll. I also sent e-mail. This has happened on all of my ad's. I just think it is a little weird.

Glenn
Old 05-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: willig10

I sent the reply that 20 bucks would cover fedex ground on a PM. when I looked at my sent PM box it says 0 sent, although it said when I sent it that it was succesful. This is why I believe it is a troll. I also sent e-mail. This has happened on all of my ad's. I just think it is a little weird.

Glenn
Ask one of the Mods. I was following threads for a year before I signed up. I know a few guys I fly with that are signed onto RCU and have never posted.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:12 PM
cfircav8r
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've sent two PM's to a known member and it shows 0 sent as well.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:10 PM
MikeL

Keeping sent PMs isn't the default option for RCU.  Unless you tell RCU to retain your sent messages, having no messages in your Sent Messages box is the norm.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:27 PM
willig10

Agreed, but when you check the "read receipt" you should get a message that the person has read your message. Correct?
Old 05-02-2010, 10:03 PM
MikeL

Only if they choose to issue one.  That makes the read receipts pretty useless.  Most folks also receive the PM in the body of an e-mail, so there's very little incentive to read the PM through the RCU system.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:06 PM
darrolair

I believe you have to go to your setup options and see which boxes you've checked for you reference points being asked about.

Darrol