Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

extra 330s 140 arf

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

extra 330s 140 arf

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 10:47 AM
allelectricpdq
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default extra 330s 140 arf

yeah its an arf red white blue one
Old 05-06-2010, 12:01 PM
perreback

Default RE: extra 330s 140 arf

Huh?
Old 05-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

OK, when you want to answer a question or post you just need to go to the bottom of the window and hit post a reply, saves you from starting another thread. CMP makes a lot of ARFs for a lot of different places like Nitro planes. The instructions are written in Chinglish so sometimes they are a but hard to read. The assembly is pretty straight forward after you quit laughing. You will find some of the holes or outlets for things like the pull/pull wires and controls have been covered over. They show you in the photos about where things should be. You just take your finger nail and sort of scrape around the covering until you find them then use a knife or soldering iron to open them. Chances are the plane will come out very tail heavy and require lead. So far the ones I have assembled for other people have. If you have any questions you can post here and ask but there is also an ARF forum you may want to visit and find a number of people that have also assembled this plane. They often post up any problems they have found and what they did to correct. Right from the start you will want to reinforce the LG block or it will come out on the first hard landing.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:59 PM
allelectricpdq

whats the deal with the pins on the stab why not run a tube all through fuse instead
Old 05-06-2010, 03:02 PM
allelectricpdq

puttin a dle 30 gas on it what you think c/g will end up
Old 05-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

CMP makes a very cheap ARF and they do things there own way, just the nature of the beast. Very good planes in the air though. I have never put one of the DLE 30s on one so no real idea but it should help. Putting one in an Aero Works 72 inch YAK right now but haven't checked the CG yet. Very good engine though!! CMP calls there planes a certain size but what I have noticed was they tend to be a bit smaller then what they {my thoughts} should be. Last Extra I put together was called a 90-120 size, it was smaller then my CG Extra 60. This AW YAK is called a 90-120 size and it's a 72 inch wing and very light. See what the guys in the ARF forum are saying about the plane.