Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

More Time In The Air Less Time On The Ground

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

More Time In The Air Less Time On The Ground

Old 07-20-2003, 10:04 PM
tlcdennis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Time In The Air Less Time On The Ground

I bought a Sky Rangers Pappy's Fighter School plane but the normal flight time is only about 60 seconds . Other then that this is a pretty nice plane. I'm wondering if it is posable to put a better battery in it without making it to heavy and also what kind.It would help evan more if you could tell me how to take the plane apart and cannect it witout damaging it.My plan is to paint the plane like a jap zero and make it look sort of like a warbird .

You don't know how much you will have helped if you give me some info on this.

Thank you SSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2003, 10:32 PM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to answer this post because I don't think you'll get many responses.

Most people here are into larger glow planes, and a few electrics. But you seem to be interested in the small, bottom end stuff.

There's a site called Ezone, and I'll post a link at the end of this. There are a number of people over there experimenting with the stuff you keep asking about. They try to get longer flights, better performance, all on a small budget.

I've never even heard of the "Sky Rangers" plane so I can't help you directly, but I would guess that your best bet would be a Lithium Polymer battery pack. A 2 cell pack would probably give you the voltage required, while increasing flight times to 20 minutes or so. But again, I'm not an expert on LiPol batteries.

Try Ezone. http://www.ezonemag.com/

Dennis-
Old 07-21-2003, 04:11 AM
Spaceclam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you get a lithium polymer battery, you will need a li-poly charger. they have a really faint peak. Most chargers would keep charging until the battery explodes. www.batteriesamerica.com has a couple lithium polymers under aviation hobby. you won't need to take it apart. just clip the battery wires and solder it.