Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

How Do I Connect a Charge Switch to the Switch Harness and or TX?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

How Do I Connect a Charge Switch to the Switch Harness and or TX?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 12:53 PM
ForcesR

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default How Do I Connect a Charge Switch to the Switch Harness and or TX?

Can someone who is more experienced than I am with electricswitch connectionsoffer their expertise.I want to install a JRPA004 Charge Switch but I amuncertain of the correct connection to the JRPA001 Switch Harness and or TX,which Charge Switchconnections go where?.Your expertise and or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Roger
Old 06-07-2010, 01:31 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How Do I Connect a Charge Switch to the Switch Harness and or TX?

not sure what you are trying to do??
Old 06-07-2010, 02:13 PM
dan4466
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: exeter_acres

not sure what you are trying to do??
Yeh, thats what I was thinking too. Confusing question. The charge switch is used in place of the standard switch so you have access to charge rx battery on side of fuselage. The connection opposite the charge access door goes in the rx battery slot. The other connects to the battery.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:20 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

This charge switch is one of the easier ones to hook up. Mount the switch in the side of the plane. Connect the battery to one lead of the switch and the other leadon the switch will plug directly into the "Batt"port on the receiver. You can't hook it up backwards as there is only one way to plug every thing in on the switch. When the switch is in the off position you will be able too hook up your charger to the charge jack and recharge the battery in the plane.

Ken
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49613.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	1449604  
Old 06-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Lnewqban

ORIGINAL: ForcesR

I want to install a JRPA004 Charge Switch but I am uncertain of the correct connection to the JRPA001 Switch Harness and or TX, which Charge Switch connections go where?

Roger
Roger, the JRPA004 replaces the old JRPA001 that you have had in your model; hence, there is no connection to be made between them.
The only difference is that the male plug where you connect the charger into is built-in the body of the JRPA004 switch.

As Ken has explained, there is no way to connect it wrong.

Regards!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97372.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1449698  
Old 06-07-2010, 08:12 PM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I assume the JRPA004 being "JR" that the receiver can be bound through the charge jack like the JRPA001????
Old 06-09-2010, 08:27 AM
ForcesR

ORIGINAL: airbusdrvr

I assume the JRPA004 being "JR" that the receiver can be bound through the charge jack like the JRPA001????
Airbusdrvr beat me to the punch with his question. Can one of you experts answer this question for Airbusdrvr and me?Can I bind the RX through the Charge Jack of the JRPA004 Charge Switchor do I still have to access the Charge/Bind connector on the JRPA001 Switch Harness? Your help will be very much appreciated.

Please and Thank-you
Roger
Old 06-09-2010, 10:16 AM
ForcesR

[quote]ORIGINAL: LNEWQBAN

I want to install a JRPA004 Charge Switch but I am uncertain of the correct connection to the JRPA001 Switch Harness and or TX,which Charge Switchconnections go where?

Roger
Roger, the JRPA004 replaces the old JRPA001 that you have had in your model; hence, there is no connection to be made between them.
The only difference is that the male plug where you connect the charger into is built-in the body of the JRPA004 switch.

As Ken has explained, there is no way to connect it wrong.

Regards!

Lnewoban, thank-you so much for the information, when it comes to electric switches etc. I tend to be behind the 8 ball. The reason I asked the question is; I thought if I installed the JRPA004 alongwith the already installedJRPA001, I would be able to charge the battery and bind the TX without having to remove the wing. Can I bind the TX through the JRPA004 charge receptical?

Roger
Old 06-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Lnewqban

I am sorry, ForcesR, I don't understand exactly what you are trying to do.

I can tell you this:

When either one of these switches is in "OFF" position, the circuit charger-battery is closed, and the receiver is isolated.

When either one of these switches is in "ON" position, the circuit receiver-battery is closed, and the charger is isolated.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:00 PM
dan4466
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: airbusdrvr

I assume the JRPA004 being ''JR'' that the receiver can be bound through the charge jack like the JRPA001????
Airbusdrvr beat me to the punch with his question. Can one of you experts answer this question for Airbusdrvr and me? Can I bind the RX through the Charge Jack of the JRPA004 Charge Switch or do I still have to access the Charge/Bind connector on the JRPA001 Switch Harness? Your help will be very much appreciated.

Please and Thank-you
Roger

As far as I know it doesn't matter what brand of switch you have. I never use JR brand switches and I had no problems binding my two Spektrum AR7000 Rx's to my DX7. I use EMS switches. Your radio doesn't know which brand of switch you have. If this is what you're asking.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:26 AM
ForcesR

ORIGINAL: LNEWQBAN

I am sorry, ForcesR, I don't understand exactly what you are trying to do.

I can tell you this:

When either one of these switches is in "OFF" position, the circuit charger-battery is closed, and the receiver is isolated.

When either one of these switches is in "ON" position, the circuit receiver-battery is closed, and the charger is isolated.

Good morning LNEWQBAN, thank-you for taking the time to explain switcholgy to me. As Imentioned earlier, electrical switches etc. arefar from being my strong point. It was always apain in my backside every time I needed to charge the battery or re-bind the RX using the charge jack on the JRPA001 switch (had to remove the wing to gain access to the charge jack). When I seen the JRPA004 charge switch I thought, gee I could connect that in series with the charge jack on the JRPA001 switch and never have to remove the wingwhenever I needed to charge the battery or re-bind the RX. I didn't realize that the JRPA004 charge switch wouldcompletely replace the JRPA001 switch. With your explanationI removedthe JRPA001 and installed the JRPA004 charge switch. It does what I wanted to accomplish in the first place, charge the battery and re-bind the RX without having to remove the wing; the charge/bind jack is now externally accessible. Thank-you again for taking the time to respond to my questions andlistening to my rambling, your help is very much appreciated.

Roger
Old 06-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Lnewqban

You are very welcome, Roger; glad the solution was so simple and effective.