Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

LEDs on rx flashing?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

LEDs on rx flashing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 01:50 PM
perreback

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LEDs on rx flashing?

What am I missing here? I’m using a JR DSX9 transmitter and a Spektrum AR9000 receiver. When I turn on the tx first (as you should) and then the rx, the LEDs on the rx light up and stay lit. If I leave the tx on, but turn off the rx and then turn it on again, the LEDs will flash (and keep flashing). If I then turn off both tx and rx and turn them on again in the right order, the LEDs will stay lit. I find this weird, but I suppose there is a perfectly logical explanation. Anybody care to offer one?
Old 06-08-2010, 01:52 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts
Default RE: LEDs on rx flashing?

Working as it should.

Its telling you that you had a power failure (in this case turning off the switch)

If you take off and the lights are on, and you land and they are flashing, it means you had an inflight power failure and the receiver reset.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:56 PM
perreback

OK, thank you. This is the kind of information you think they would include in the "manual" that comes with the receiver (just a sheet of paper), but they don't. Thanks, Barracuda.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:07 PM
BarracudaHockey

You can always try http://www.horizonhobby.com and down load the 9303 manual, except for some subtle differences like the analog trim we have on the throttle I think they are the same radio.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:12 PM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: perreback

OK, thank you. This is the kind of information you think they would include in the ''manual'' that comes with the receiver (just a sheet of paper), but they don't. Thanks, Barracuda.
Here is the manual I have, http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo.../SPMAR9000.pdf . If you look in the lower right hand corner you will see this feature described.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:51 AM
perreback

OK, thanks. All that was included with my receiver was a sheet of paper with binding instructions; no mention was made of the brownout detection.

What impresses me is that the rx somehow knows that the tx wasn't also turned off while the rx was out.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:21 AM
BarracudaHockey

When the transmitter powers up it selects two channels and starts transmitting its GUID (id code)

When the receiver powers up it checks the last two channels it used for the transmitters GUID, it doesn't find them so it searches the band for the GUID that its bound to. When it finds them it locks on and the lights come on solid. Thats the 3 seconds it takes to connect. Its also why you should wait a few seconds between turning on your transmitter and turning on your reciever.

If you power up the receiver without cylcling the transmitter power and forcing it to choose two new channels, when the reicever powers up it checks the last two channels used, finds the transmitter, connects instantly, and flashes the lights saying that it had a low power event. It doesn't know the difference between loosing power in flight, and you turning it off.

This is a common question from the electric guys that land and swap batteries without turning off the transmitter and turning it back on.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:53 AM
perreback

ORIGINAL: BarracudaHockey

This is a common question from the electric guys that land and swap batteries without turning off the transmitter and turning it back on.
It must also happen a lot when you are assembling a new model, which is what I am doing; lots of turning the rx on and off during that process.

Airbusdrvr, thanks for the link to the manual (which, by the way, they seem to have intentionally made difficult to read on screen or print out in a convenient format - unless I am missing something here as well).
Old 06-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Lnewqban

It is just a PDF file.

Just use the zoom-in tool (it looks like a magnifier in the toolbar above the text).
Old 06-09-2010, 12:37 PM
BarracudaHockey

If you dont already have it, you can get Acrobat Reader at http://www.adobe.com
Old 06-09-2010, 02:20 PM
perreback

Yes, I know about the PDF format - it's just that with this particular text you also have to move sideways, not just scroll down, and this is a major PITA, in my opinion.