Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Futaba FASST using a JR retract servo

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Futaba FASST using a JR retract servo

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 03:07 PM
thomasaurus
My Feedback: (43)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba FASST using a JR retract servo

Well, I've finally gotten the hint and I bought a Futaba T8FG 8 channel 2.4 ghz radio.
I have a H9 P-47 150 that has JR S791 retract servos in it and I can't for the life of me get them to work.
They work fine on with my 9CAP FM and all the other servos I have in it(Power HD's) work with it, just not the
JR's. Anybody give me an idea? I've tried changing them to different switches and nothing....

Thanks
Tom
Old 06-13-2010, 03:30 PM
jetmech05

Default RE: Futaba FASST using a JR retract servo

the programming for your new 8 should be the same as the old 9...go back to your 9 and copy to the 8 screen by screen...you must be missing something on the programming
Old 06-13-2010, 04:08 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The servo brand should make no difference.I'm using this radio with a TF P-47 and the retracts work great. I just went intoto the LNK menu then into FUNCTION, selected the gear channel and assigned the control switch. Sounds like you have that covered though.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:29 AM
TimBle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have you plugged the servo into the correct channel on the receiver.....

just asking
Old 06-15-2010, 11:27 AM
hrrcflyer

Tom,

A friend of mine had the exact same problem except it was with his 10C. He learned that his JR retract servo will not work with the older FS type FASST receiver. He could plug ANY other servo into the retract channel and it would work fine. He also told me it had something to do with which mode you programmed the transmitter to send the signal in and said that it would work in 7CH FASST mode but not the 8CH FASST mode. My friend said he was going to try one of the new HS FASST receivers, but I haven't had a chance to talk to my friend lately to see if he was able to solve the problem yet.

Hope this helps.

David
Old 06-15-2010, 12:24 PM
thomasaurus
My Feedback: (43)

Thanks, I am NOT going crazy
Old 08-01-2012, 10:41 AM
BubbasanJohn

i know this is late but I too was just having this problem after not flying for a couple years. hangar 9 p47 150. Futaba 6ex, R606fs RX, 2700mah 6v flight pack. AS built to plans the retract servos are the jr low profile retracts. From searching, found that these retracts do not operate on voltage over 4.8. Got a couple futaba step down regulators and hooked them up to the servos. Still no joy. Then I purchased a new futaba RX and the retracts work great with the step downs in place. odd but im happy I can get it flying on my 2.4 system and not have to use my 72mhz.

There has to be something with the older R606fs RX's. Futaba support said there was no reason why these would not work and really did not answer my question if 72mhz RX's lowered voltage to the servos to 4.8volts. Would still like to know this. I am thinking this is the case as there is no reason why it would work witht he 72's and not the 2.4 systems. would appreciate feedback on this if anyone cares to.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:50 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: hrrcflyer

Tom,

A friend of mine had the exact same problem except it was with his 10C. He learned that his JR retract servo will not work with the older FS type FASST receiver. He could plug ANY other servo into the retract channel and it would work fine. He also told me it had something to do with which mode you programmed the transmitter to send the signal in and said that it would work in 7CH FASST mode but not the 8CH FASST mode. My friend said he was going to try one of the new HS FASST receivers, but I haven't had a chance to talk to my friend lately to see if he was able to solve the problem yet.

Hope this helps.

David
I think you are confusing the terms "FASST" and "High Speed" . If the OP should change the mode for this model. The seven channnel RX's are not high speed, the eights and above are.

Old 04-04-2014, 04:59 PM
[email protected]

had the same issue, with 6 volts they don't work at all, with a step down they chitter chatter all over the place. with a 4.8 pack they work perfectly