Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Superiger 51 needle valve gasket

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Superiger 51 needle valve gasket

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 05:38 AM
mustangman177

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superiger 51 needle valve gasket

I'm moving this post from the Supertiger forum in hope of getting a response,,,,,,,

I'm having trouble getting my Supertiger .51 engine to run reliably. It has been quitting in mid-flight, I've noticed the rubber "O" ring on the inside of the needle valve is no longer there and I see some "oil" residue when the engine is running around the needle valve . Is this the problem and I need to replace that "O" ring to get a better seal ?

This is the needle valve and gasket in question http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFY19&P=Z

Thanks in advance.

Cary

Old 06-19-2010, 06:09 AM
Steve Percifield
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Superiger 51 needle valve gasket

If it's missing, then yes it needs to be replaced. I'm not sure that would cause the engine to quit, but it would be impossible to tune it because of the air leaking. You can also put a piece of large silicone fuel tubing over the outside of the valve, which would seal the air from leaking.