Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

ASP Engines any good or no

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

ASP Engines any good or no

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 01:14 PM
hyflyer9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASP Engines any good or no

Hello
I have been looking for a new Engine as a replacement for my GMS .76 in my top flight P39 Aircrobra and I have been looking at the ASP .91 does any one know any thing about these Engines are they any good at all and are spare parts available for them
Thank you
hyflyer9.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:51 PM
TimBle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ASP Engines any good or no

Many people over here use them. They're considered excellent value. Not eays to tune as OS Surpass Engines or Saito  but they work and they seem to work very well.

Have you considerd gasoline 15cc or 20cc as replacements?

Old 08-01-2010, 02:18 PM
WhiteRook
My Feedback: (38)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do they make a 1.20 2 stroke?
Old 08-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Tarasdad

ASP and MAGNUM are the same engines, both made by Sanye. Several dealers handle them so parts shouldn't be an issue. Only caution I've ever heard is to disassemble them to check for metal shavings, seems they don't always get flushed properly.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:24 PM
hyflyer9

I was looking at the ASP .91 2 stroke that should give me lots of power for the p39 My GMS .76 has almost had it it still runs but the compression is way down and I can not take out any more shim's. At this point it is enough to fly but only at full throttle all the time and it also takes the full runway to get enough speed for take off.

I have been looking at the RCGF 15cc gas but I don't think it will fit in the P39 it has a very narrow nose and engine cowl . Any way thanks for the input .
Cheers . hyflyer9
Old 08-01-2010, 04:24 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the gms is an abc engine if it is run lean you have the result you describe as the taper in the sleeve is gone from overheating.or it is possible that the piston was at tdc when the engine stopped and was allowed to ciil off in this position.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:51 PM
hyflyer9

The GMS .76 Is a ringed piston engine and I never run my engines lean. simple the ring and sleeve are worn out and need to be replaced But seeing that no one has any parts for the GMS line I might as well get a new Engine .
hyflyer9