Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Pushrods

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 12:47 PM
esvajoe
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pushrods

Can anyone point me in the direction for a supplier of pushrods greater than 12"? 4-40 to be exact, threaded end. Thanks.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:41 PM
landeck
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pushrods

Dubro makes them. Here they are at Tower:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXD874&P=SM

Bruce
Old 02-13-2012, 03:17 PM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

You should also consider Carbon Fiber rods with Ball Links, only way to go. You can make them any lengh you want and adjustible.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: FLAPHappy

You should also consider Carbon Fiber rods with Ball Links, only way to go. You can make them any lengh you want and adjustible.
By the way, where do you buy your carbon fiber rods from, Central Hobbies and what type of end assemblies do you use and ball links? Also, do you use the carbon fiber for the short pushrods like on ailerons?
Old 02-14-2012, 07:26 AM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

ORIGINAL: Luchnia

ORIGINAL: FLAPHappy

By the way, where do you buy your carbon fiber rods from, Central Hobbies and what type of end assemblies do you use and ball links? Also, do you use the carbon fiber for the short pushrods like on ailerons?
There are quite a few places to buy Carbon Fiber Tubes. Sorry for the error , I meant Tubes not Rods in my first post. Central Hobbies sells various sizes of tubes, they can come with the ends or you can buy them seperately.I also use alunimum tubing cut into 1/2" lengths to glue over the tube ends. Thathelps reinforce the ends from splitting. Vairous sizes from 2mm ,256, 4-40, 6/32" depending on your application. The Ball links will also come with the kits or you can buy them inmost any online hobby shop, Dubro, etc.
Take a look at www.cstsales.com They have a wide selection of Carbon Fiber products.For short pushrods I use titanium Turnbuckles.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:49 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

I cant recall the name of the place right now. But there a kite supplier that has just about any size of CF rods/tubes. Good prices too. Might have to Google to find it.

David
Old 04-01-2012, 05:24 AM
larrysogla

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know this is an old thread but the info may be useful to someone looking for CF pushrods, Fiberglass pushrods or wooden pushrods........the name of the place is Intothewind.com....a kite supply company. Larry.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:47 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Thank Larry, I forgot to go back and look for the name.

david