Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Stained Vinyl Covering Help.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:03 PM
BreakingPoint
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Stained Vinyl Covering Help.

I’m looking for a little advice for how to clean Vinyl coving on a Piper Cub. I recently traded for a used Piper Cub that appears to have some type of stained / discoloration, possibly from the oil in the fuel. The covering is some type of vinyl looking material and is in really good shape, other than the really bad discoloration. Since this is my fist non-monocote type of plane, I really don’t know how to care for this type of covering. More importantly, I would really like to get the covering to look better. I tried cleaning off the stains with standard glass cleaner, then rubbing alcohol, then simple-green detergent. Noting is working. Does anyone have any ideas for other cleaning materials that might work, or is it likely that this coving is shot? Can this type of covering be painted? Not sure if you paint this type of covering, or if it comes in colors like monocote.

Any advice on a better cleaning solution, or painting options, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!