Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Photos

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 03:09 AM
dutchy50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Photos

Can someone please explain to me the process of downloading a photo to be used in a post!!!!! (from a SD Card Reader) using an Apple Computer.
Thanks
dutchy50
Old 08-31-2010, 05:53 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Photos

When you plug in the card reader, an icon should appear on your desktop which will open like a folder (the same way your hard drive does).

Now you can just drag and drop the image files into a folder on your computer.

Then, read this:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2629917/tm.htm
Old 08-31-2010, 02:25 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just follow the instructions in the link Minnflyer provided. You can upload it directly from the SD card if you want. When you go through the selection process, just choose the SD card and correct sub folder. It will be called something like "untitled" or by the name of the card or camera.

I ususally open them first using preview though (just double click the picture and it will automatically open in preview). This will allow you to re-size, do basic touch ups like brightness/contrast, etc. Then I save it on the desktop or a specific folder and upload it from there. I only bother with a more advanced photo editing program if the picture is particularly bad or I want to do something out of the ordinary to it.

If you don't figure it out, let me know and I can grab some screenshots.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:25 PM
ChuckW

I just uploaded this picture and did screen captures of the process. I'll post them in a second.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30439.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	250.8 KB
ID:	1493416  
Old 08-31-2010, 08:42 PM
ChuckW

Basically follow the steps in the link Minnflyer posted. These will be the same regardless of the computer or operating system.

On the Mac, after you have the choose file window open, click "choose file" to select your first picture to upload. (pic 1)

Next, select the picture location. In my case, I selected the SD card I had inserted which is called "untitled". (pic 2)

Select the picture you want to upload (pic 2)

Click "Choose" at the bottom right. (pic 2)

Once you have selected all the pics you want to upload, click "OK"in the choose file window. They will be uploaded to the system. (pic 3)

You will then be back in the reply to message window. You can enter text or click "OK" to post. You will then see your pictures.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40430.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	1493428   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75084.jpg
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	1493429   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb75736.jpg
Size:	103.4 KB