Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Futaba 14MZ support

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Futaba 14MZ support

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 10:40 PM
rdefrei2
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 14MZ support

Hi,

I just bought a used Futaba 14MZ radio, everything looks fine on the radio but as I don't want to take any chance decided to call Futaba Service Center to send the radio for a check-up.
When asked for an estimate price the guy said they can't tell me. Just after I send the radio in.

Does anyone have an ideia how much it cost just for a checkup..??

I have also asked how much would be to replace the entire case of the radio and they didn't want to give me a ball figure.

Actually the guy was a little rude on the phone and I really didn't like that.

You spend a lot of money buying their radio to get a bad customer service..???

Is there other place that I can send my radio in for a checkup ???

Any advice...??

Old 09-08-2010, 12:15 AM
d_bodary
My Feedback: (85)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Futaba 14MZ support

Radio South
Old 09-08-2010, 07:45 AM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: rdefrei2

For cryin out loud. You bought it used. Futaba didn't get any of your money . . . yet. Why should they bend over for a non-customer?
Old 09-08-2010, 08:36 AM
TimBle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rdefrei2

Hi,

I just bought a used Futaba 14MZ radio, everything looks fine on the radio but as I don't want to take any chance decided to call Futaba Service Center to send the radio for a check-up.
When asked for an estimate price the guy said they can't tell me. Just after I send the radio in.

Does anyone have an ideia how much it cost just for a checkup..??

I have also asked how much would be to replace the entire case of the radio and they didn't want to give me a ball figure.

Actually the guy was a little rude on the phone and I really didn't like that.

Is there other place that I can send my radio in for a checkup ???

Any advice...??

So let me get this straight, You phoned them to ask them for a quote on a repair /check up diagnostic to a Tx they have not yet been able to assess. If you read the diagnositoc services policy, it states that you send if to them at your cost, they have a look see and send you a quote for repairs. You either accept or decline. If you accept they repair to the value of the quote and ship it back to you at their cost...

Wheres the crap service in that?

AlI see here is a difficult customer looking for a conversation.

So how about those Mets?
Old 09-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Our flat rate for a system check of a Futaba 14MZ system (includes transmitter, receiver, four servos, and receiver battery pack) is US$87.50, and includes no repairs. That's just to check the operation, calibrate the transmitter, and to check/adjust the tuning of the transmitter and receiver. Servo operation is checked and the receiver battery pack is cycled.

If you need more work, it all depends upon what needs to be done. Please be aware that replacement of the case can cause a few hundred dollars in parts and labor because it's not an easy task. When you get into complex transmitters, such as the Futaba 12FG, 12Z or 14MZ, nothing is easy, so costs could add up. For any kind of proper estimate, we need to see the transmitter. Any number given to you over the phone or via email can only be a wild guess and quite inaccurate. It would be easier to tell you that it will cost $500.00, and then wind up sending you a bill for the actual costs that would likely be much, much lower.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:57 AM
rdefrei2

Hi,

As I said before, the radio is working fine and I was going to send just the Transmitter for a checkup.
Because I have not bought it new I wanted Futaba to check.
During my conversation on the phone I asked if I could replace the entire case of the radio so I will have a used radio on a new case.
I've asked how much would cost a new case for this radio .... I think this is an easy annswer.
The guy answered that he can't say before they get the radio there.
I asked... can't you give just a ball figure so I don't loose money on shipping for nothing.
He said sorry but I cannot give any prices.... WE charge $40 an hour labor + parts.

To replace the case is a straight question and they do know how long it will take so he could just give me an answer I guess so.
I was also going to ask how much it would cost to change from mode 2 to mode 1 but after the guy giving no chance for an estimate I gave up.

I do understand that in case you need to repair something they will have to check first and give the price later.

I don't want spend time and money for nothing,, like I said if comes up that to replace the case they will charge me for example $400.00 I will not send the radio.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The case parts alone will run over $200.00. Labor about $100 or so. Any needed repairs...extra.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:39 AM
rdefrei2

Ok Bill, Thanks for the attention.

I will be sending the radio in for a check-up, just the transmitter.
What about changing to mode 1 any ideia..??

I'm also waiting to get the forms to enroll on the 14MZflyersclub is that possible..?

Thanks

Roger
Old 01-19-2011, 07:38 AM
va6wgo

So what?

Nobody is requesting a service for free. I tried to call them the other day asking the same question and no answer. Then I asked how longis going to take to service the radio if I were to send it, I just need to know, 1, 2, 3 weeks a month? whatever and the guy actually raised his voice at me saying "I DON'T KNOW", after I grilled him for doing that, I finally end up talking to someone that gave me a ball park. That's all I needed.