Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

suggestions please

Old 09-09-2010, 07:51 AM
abaser

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default suggestions please

For the past few weeks, Ive been searching around for a new plane. Im fairly new to flying, but Ive pretty well got my trainers down pat, had alot of fun with a hog bipe, and now Im looking to step up my game a little bit. Im looking for a fairly forgiving aerobat that after I gain confidence would also be capable of some of the entry level 3D moves.

I know some may think Im moving too fast, but I really loved my bipe. To me, it was so much easier to fly than my trainers so I feel that Im ready to step up. Im not going for a full 3D model just a good aerobat that maybe I could grow into 3D if I got to that level.

So what Im asking is, what do you guys recommend? I dont have anybody around me to ask and the closest club is over an hour away and all they fly is giant gassers. Im looking to stay in the 40 to 90 size. Also it needs to be able to with stand some pretty good windspeed. in my location, the wind is on average at least 8mph. very few days are calmer than that. So anything you got will be appreciated. Thanx.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:32 AM
davidgeorge212

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: suggestions please

The Sig Something Extra is a pretty good little flying plane and thats what I would recomend.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:08 AM
airbusdrvr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBMZ6&P=ML
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jLsOAJxIo0
Old 09-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Charlie P.

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Kit or ARF?

If you enjoy the Hog Bipe you may want to consider a sportier bipe. An Ultimate can be forced to do most 3-D, but if you keep the throws to low and are easy on the throttle they are manageable. Be warned they will kill themselves quickly if you make a mistake at low altitude.

When in doubt, get a Stik. I would have really recommended a Goldberg Hot Stik but the crumbs at GP discontinued that when they gobbled up Goldberg. The Wild Stik was a good 3-D model with good low-speed habits, too.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:20 PM
abaser

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hmmm.... just realized that somehow, this got posted twice. Sorry bout that. But anyway, thanx for the responses. Im really wanting some variety to look at so any good websites would be appreciated. Ive been looking at mainly tower but im about tiredof looking at the same old stuff. OK thanx again!!
Old 09-10-2010, 07:55 AM
abaser

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Im really looking for ARFs, but Im not totally against the thought of building either. I just dont have much room for the build. All of my work has to be done on my living room floor after the kids go to bed since I dont have a workshop. So mainly ARFs or a simple build (if thats possible)
ORIGINAL: Charlie P.

Kit or ARF?

If you enjoy the Hog Bipe you may want to consider a sportier bipe. An Ultimate can be forced to do most 3-D, but if you keep the throws to low and are easy on the throttle they are manageable. Be warned they will kill themselves quickly if you make a mistake at low altitude.

When in doubt, get a Stik. I would have really recommended a Goldberg Hot Stik but the crumbs at GP discontinued that when they gobbled up Goldberg. The Wild Stik was a good 3-D model with good low-speed habits, too.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:09 AM
GarySS
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

A builder: get a Moass .60 profile 3D plane - easy to fly, but highly 3D capable.
an ARF: possibly a Great Planes UCANDO .46, but put an OS .55 or a .82.91 4 stroker on it. also easy to fly, quite a floater, but will do knife edge, hovering, waterfalls quite well.

ENJOY....
Old 09-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Roo Man
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sig Somrthing Extra and U-Can-Do 60 as suggested above are both great planes. I have both, with conrols set very conservately they are easy to fly. I think the U-Can-Do is more forgiving and much easier to see; I only have an OS 61FX on mine so just do sport flying.

Gary
Old 09-11-2010, 01:48 PM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

A profile is a lot of fun and will you teach you a lot.

OMP Edge or Fusion for Arfs and a MOJO if you want to build something.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:06 PM
abaser

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanx alot guys. Ive gotten alot of good ideas that I didnt even know was out there.