Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

new Saito125a ready for run in and fly

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

new Saito125a ready for run in and fly

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 01:25 AM
maverick11359

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new Saito125a ready for run in and fly

G'day guys,
I'm excited ,I'm about to take to the skys with my new Hanger 9 MK11 60 size Spitfire powered by my new Saito 125a ..I have a decision to make I'm about to run in the 125a but can't make up my mind which prop to use..I have purchasedtwo 3bladedmaster airscrew props a 14x7 and 15x7...Are 3 bladed props O.k for running in or should i buy a 2 bladed prop say a16x8. Any advice would be appreciaited thisis my largest 4 strokeI ever owned so its all new...cheers Rick..
Old 09-08-2010, 01:45 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: new Saito125a ready for run in and fly

Hi Rick. Your excitement is apparent. If you bought the engine new, the literature that came with it will tell you what range of blades you can use. I know the factory recommendation for a 1.20 four stroke is a 15 X 6 prop for break in.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:14 AM
maverick11359

Default RE: new Saito125a ready for run in and fly

G'day JollyPopper,
Thanks for the reply, sorry its taken me so long to get back ,but I've been deverted with family matters .
I will only get to run the motor this weekend and probably fly the plane the following weekend.I seem to have miss placedmy manual but I found another saito site on the net that recommends for the Saito 125a 2 baded props from 15x7 to 17x6 and 16x6 for break in. I will there fore probably use my 14 x 7three bladed master airscrew for the first3 tankfulls breakin and then fly with the 15 x 7 three blade..

cheers again Rick.