RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/)
-   -   returning an ARF,,, (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/3563799-returning-arf.html)

LSP972 11-20-2005 08:58 AM

RE: returning an ARF,,,

ORIGINAL: 4*60

I would want the $39. Not many would give it but if it's a legitimate business and the wings left the premises in poor shape, the buyer deserves a full refund. If he's such a good guy doing such good business it would be prudent.
If you will peruse the hundreds of posts regarding this firm's models, you will find perhaps THREE individuals (including Jim) who have had serious complaints about the product(s). One in particular stands out; the modeler claimed structural deficiencies that showed up during the initial flights. Tom offered to buy the plane back, even though it was already built and flown.

Oddly enough, the modeler declined to take advantage of that offer; I always wondered why.

Its a legitimate business. But he monitors these forums, and this is not the first thread old Jim has initiated about this situation.

See, there's usually more to a story than meets the initial look...;)

2slow2matter 11-20-2005 10:47 AM

Steve,
First off, I have no personal beef with you, so don't get offended, but Jim was not releasing the name of the vendor until AFTER he had contacted him personally. That is what he had said several posts above the one in which YOU identified the vendor. I believe all Jim was after was an opinion of whether or not he should even contact the vendor. That's not too much to ask. He got his opinion, and was (I believe) on his way to calling Tom himself to try and resolve the issue. Had it been resolved, I'm sure Jim would have told us so, and then maybe mentioned the vendors name in a new light. I'm not sure of that, but I have to assume since that's what he has told us in his posts. If it weren't for you coming into the thread, I, as well as others on the board, would still be in the dark as to which vendor this was.

LSP972 11-20-2005 10:46 PM

2slow,

Ordinarily, you would be correct in that I 'jumped the gun' by naming the vendor. However, as I said earlier, the vendor in question has his own forum here on RCU, he peruses other forums, and was already aware of this thread. As I also said earlier, this is NOT the first time Jim has posted about this problem. He named the vendor in another thread on another board.

And as I said earlier, there is more to this than meets the eye. Jim is well-known on at least one other board (the one where he named the vendor); for what, I'll leave to your imagination...;)

2slow2matter 11-20-2005 11:26 PM

Fair enough

the Wasp 11-21-2005 12:28 AM

say it Steve,,, say it,,,

I'm a Century cheer leader,,,, well you know what, I'm not a troll !! you can't say I'm a troll, you know Steve, I bet your the type of guy that would kick a cat !!

Jim

LSP972 11-21-2005 07:41 AM

Who said you were a troll, Jim? Not me. Of the several years I've seen you posting, you've always tried to be a nice fellow just putting his two cents into a discussion. Unfortunately, you frequently miss the reality of a given situation, as in the long-running controversy regarding Century. That outfit is second only to HHI/GSP is terms of wide-spread customer dissastisfaction; a fact you constantly ignored in your stalwart defense of them. But, hey; you stuck to your guns during some really withering assaults. I admired that; to a degree.;)

And you're missing the reality of THIS situation, IMO. Others obviously agree with you, but I still believe you were fortunate to get your money back and return shipping paid, and that you should cut your losses (and give your blood pressure a break) and move on.

<<I bet your (sic) the type of guy that would kick a cat!>>

You would lose. I do not care for cats, and have absolutely no problem dealing with them if necessary; such as when they use my front stoop and/or car windshield for their personal toilet. But if they leave me alone, I'll leave them alone. And I wouldn't kick one; other methods yield far better results.

So we've resorted to character assassination now? That's not like you, Jim. But have at it; I've got a thick skin.:D

I'm sure you'll keep us advised of what the outcome of all this is. In the meantime, have you gotten your son an airplane yet? He's a lot more important, don't you think???