RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/)
-   -   Fuselage needed (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/472720-fuselage-needed.html)

soarer 01-10-2003 08:28 PM

Fuselage needed

I have just had some wing cores cut bby CNCFoam.com and man are they great and reasonable prices as well. I have a set of 120" and 2M wings that I want to plug into a fuselage. Does anyone have a resource that I can use to purchase some fuselages at a very reasonable prices?

Thanks in advance
Chris

MinnFlyer 01-10-2003 08:39 PM

Fuselage needed

Why would you have wings cut for a fuselage that you don't have?

soarer 01-10-2003 11:06 PM

Fuselage wanted

I thought that I had a line on the fuselages but the guy isn't able to do any since his stroke. So I need to find a source for the wings I have and any other wings in the future.

Chris

monocoupe 01-11-2003 12:21 AM

Fuselage needed

Chris,
I think you're going to have to be more specific before anyone can help you out. What kind of fuselages are you looking for? Size? Type? Material? At the moment your ad is too ambiguous. Kind of like: Wanted, "Propeller".....see what I mean? :)

Cheers, Nigel

soarer 01-11-2003 03:58 AM

Fuselage wanted

I am looking for a fiberglass sailplane fuselage that will work for wings of 120" & 2M. I don't care what type of tail (V, cross). I want to be able to install mini servos in the fuselage.

Chris

monocoupe 01-11-2003 05:19 AM

Glass Fuselage

Actually, I do have a fiberglass sailplane fuselage, that I aquired way back in the early eighties when I was actively flying sailplanes. It's likely pretty out of date design wise, but I'll do my best to give you a basic description. It was made in England. It has a tapered fiberglass tube for a tailboom, like the old Grand Esprit and a fiberglass forward fuselage that's round in cross section, with a fairly pointed nose, and wing roots moulded in. I have no idea what airfoil the wing roots are....something from that era. It's not small in cross section, and there's plenty of room for standard size servos etc. I can dig it out and get some dimensions and weights if you are interested. Pictures are a little more difficult, but not impossible as I don't have a digital camera.....yet!
At a guess, I'd say it's 3" to 3 1/2" diameter thru the forward fuselage. You may be looking for something a little more "up to date", and smaller in cross section. Let me know if you're interested in more info.

Cheers, Nigel

soarer 01-11-2003 07:11 PM

Fuselage needed

Nigel,
I would be very interested in additional information on the fuselage. I think that this would work out okay for me. You can email me direct at [email protected]

Best regards
Chris

monocoupe 01-11-2003 10:26 PM

Sailplane Fuse

O.K, Chris, I'll go downstairs this afternoon, measure it up, weigh it and figure out what I want for it. I'll still have to check and see how much it's going to cost to ship. Luckily the boom hasn't been glued onto the forward fuselage yet, so shipping should be quite reasonable I would think. I'll get back to you at your e-mail address later today.

Cheers, Nigel