RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/)
-   -   Radio Trouble (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/4804916-radio-trouble.html)

Brimma 09-28-2006 07:13 PM

Radio Trouble

Ok heres the deal. My father has a Hangar 9 .60 size Corsair, JR R700 reciever, 791 JR Retract servo, XP652 JR Radio. All the other servos are standard 537 JR's. The main problem is the retracts are not working properly...when we flip the switch for retracts nothing happens until we hit another controll wether it be aileron ,elevator, rudder, etc. After we move another control the retracts work but sometimes the retract bouces and jitters when the wheels are down. We tried replacing components one by one and nothing seems to have fixed the problem, I even tried undoing any mixes in the radio. We finnaly changed the transmiter and channel and the problem has not gone away. Does anybody have any suggestions on what might be wrong and/or how we can fix it?

bbbair 09-28-2006 07:33 PM

RE: Radio Trouble

By process of elimination the only thing that is left is the receiver - do you have a spare around?... pop it in the plane and try again.

Has the receiver been involved in any crashes? You could have damaged it... a small crack in the board is almost impossible to see.

OR

The receiver could be defective from the factory - it happens, not often but it does happen.

Good Luck!

Brimma 09-28-2006 08:08 PM

Actually yes...we did change the reciever which is why this seems like such a strange problem. The funniest part of the whole deal is that everything in the plane works flawlessly at home...but when we bring it 4 miles to the field all hell breaks loose in the plane. Idk if thier is interfereance somehow but the radio signal is either getting corrupted or perhaps there is something in the plane causing the problem....but why at the field and not at home? Maybe its "THE FORCE" lol

Ed 09-28-2006 09:31 PM

Ayye .............. Leprechauns at the field ;) We have them here also.

Check to see that the retract servo is not stalling at each end.

> Jim

aerowoof 09-29-2006 06:31 PM

what happens at the field if you leave the reciever on with the transmiitter off?if anything moves then you are picking up a signal from somewhere?when was the radio last serviced?it may be time to have it checked by jr,the money will be well spent if it saves the cost of the plane ,turn around is usually 10 days.

Brimma 09-30-2006 07:33 PM

We tried a diffeent radio and reciever...basically the only thing we havent changed is the linkage in the wing goin to the retracts. We have swapped every piece of radio gear out and the problem still remains. Thats really all we can say...we are kinda at a loss of words for it...we might just fly it and say the hell wit it. Ill bring my camra and let ya know if it was a good hard hit or not.

piper_chuck 09-30-2006 09:34 PM

Have you tried disconnecting the arm from the retract servo to confirm it works ok with no load? If the problem goes away with no load and comes back when it's hooked up to the linkage, then it may be related to binding in the linkage.

aerowoof 10-01-2006 12:10 PM

why put other people and planes at risk when you know there is a problem that could cause a potential un controlled aircraft/crash.that is the worst thing to do as you would be liable for any damage you cause especially after posting your intentions here.

outdoorhunting 10-03-2006 06:04 PM

sounds like a real nice plane! go ahead & send it to me & I'll take to our clubs nuetral feild to make sure you have no interfierence-- then I ah-- ah ya ya I'll send it right back to ya!!! OK ? If you haven't yet check your antanea wire I had almost the same thing happen & that was it good luck!!