RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/)
-   -   Iron Bay Model Company (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/4822507-iron-bay-model-company.html)

rjhike 10-03-2006 09:42 AM

Iron Bay Model Company

I placed an order with Iron Bay Model Company back in August. I have yet to get the parts. There is no answer when I try to call and emails asking about the status of my order have not been answered.

Is Iron Bay still in business? Does any know what is going on with them?

Thanks

RVM 10-03-2006 07:05 PM

RE: Iron Bay Model Company

I've never had a problem reaching them via e-mail, though sometimes phone is a bit difficult. They're often out test flying and doing this that and the other with the products. What e-mail address are you using?

rjhike 10-04-2006 08:06 AM

I am using the email link from their web site. [email protected]

lovehydro 10-09-2006 06:30 PM

I ordered parts for my Corsair before you. They rarely answer there phones and seldom answer their e-mails.
When you do reach them, all I get is how busy they are with their government work and how the model department is done as time allows and for fun.
I have been told my order was almost ready (around July), then it was ready but they had shipping problems (around Sept), then a nice lady answered and told me she would be answer the phone and getting the orders out( around early Oct.). Now there is no answer at all again. I did get a e-mail (about a weeks ago) telling me they were not out of business, however the government work was ramping up again and it would be 6 to 8 weeks before they get back to any model work “AGAIN” I already went through one of these periods a couple of months ago.
Byron had a great product and understood customer service. Iron bay makes mistakes on their orders and have no understanding of customer service or I don’t think they care.
I do still want my parts because my Byron Corsair was a great plane. How ever I will never again own a airplane that I might need to deal with Iron Bay for parts or service.
I wish you better luck, but don’t count on it.
lovehydro

SamD 10-10-2006 01:46 PM

Sounds exactly like the experience I had when ordering a regulator from them. Needless to say, I've never dealt with them since... Terrible customer service, just terrible. They shouldn't be running a business if this is their MO. [:@]

lovehydro 10-10-2006 02:06 PM

It is truly a shame such a great company as Byron Models was purchased by Iron Bay. Byron was well know for there products as well as their service. It will not take long for the reputation to be lost forever.

rjhike 10-13-2006 10:50 AM

Did you ever get the parts?

It would be okay if they would just tell me that it would take some time but no response is not right.

lovehydro 10-13-2006 01:12 PM

"NO" I have been told they are ready to ship twice. "NO" parts yet. I just hope to get mine some day. I have been watch both RCU and e-bay for a Corsair or at least one with the parts I need.

jetjockyf18 10-14-2006 08:20 PM

I experienced great service from them when I ordered my Corsair, but it was back in the early Spring. I got timely email responses and quick shipment of some missing items. I would definitely do business with them again based on this experience.
In fact, one of the guys even delivered the kit to me while on the way to a flyin!
PM me and I will give you the email address I have used with success.

I cannot attest to how busy they are right now due to their govt. work, though.
jj

lovehydro 10-15-2006 10:12 AM

Archie, the person that handled all there model orders has left the company and moved on to a new job. I do not believe they have replaced him.

masteromodels 10-16-2006 07:56 PM

hey fellows anyone have any parts for the byron mustang, either the one piece or two piece wing versions. i have both and i can use any spare parts anyone might have. it sounds like iron bay amy be getting out of the hobby bussiness, i hope not but if they are maybe there is someone out there who might want to buy the rights. anyone have any ideas?

thanks bob

lovehydro 04-01-2012 09:01 AM

This thread has been dormet way to long. Has any body found a way to contact and accually recieve anything out of Iron Bay????????????????
I did finally reach someone and after about a month of trying to get them back did in fact recieve my parts. I have tried to order some more with no luck.

lovehydro 04-01-2012 09:04 AM

This thread has been dormet way to long. Has any body found a way to contact and accually recieve anything out of Iron Bay????????????????
I did finally reach someone and after about a month of trying to get them back did in fact recieve my parts. I have tried to order some more with no luck.

airbusdrvr 04-02-2012 03:43 AM

ORIGIN:DAL: lovehydro

Look up the definition of insanity