RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/)
-   -   Enya parts (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/7406628-enya-parts.html)

radial2122 04-22-2008 05:48 PM

Enya parts

Okay, I'll try this again and will be more specific. I don't have a pay pal account and I don't
use credit cards. Ebay and MRC are of no help to me. So here's my question. Where in
the entire United States can I get piston rings and a thrust washer for an Enya 45 model
6001 engine? Ive been all over the web so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Flying freak 04-22-2008 06:35 PM

RE: Enya parts

Have you tried to get your LHS to order said parts?

Steven

Live Wire 04-22-2008 09:06 PM

It will never work they look at you and Laugh:D
Try MRC Enya on Google

Mode One 04-23-2008 06:01 AM

Just because you don't have a Pay Pal account doesn't mean you can't shop on, or buy on Ebay. When I am interested in an item on Ebay where the seller has said Pay Pal is the accepted method, I've found most will accept Money Orders, if asked. However, I agree Pay Pal has gotten to be the prefered method of payment and I have no interest in having a pay pal account!

aerowoof 04-23-2008 02:23 PM

try frank bowman he makes rings for all makes and model of engines

radial2122 04-23-2008 03:55 PM

In regards to finding Enya parts, and with all due respect, how in the world am I supposed to know who Frank Bowman is?

sky1000 04-23-2008 09:55 PM

Piston Rings:

Engine Rings, custom made, about $4

Engine Rings, custom made, source 2:

For all of us modelers who need piston rings and cannot find them, try contacting Frank Bowman. He manufactures repro and current piston rings for our modeling needs. He can make standard and Dykes type rings. If he doesn't have the ring you need in stock, you send the piston and cylinder and he will make it then. prices are $7.50 up to $9.50. His work is of the finest quality.

Happy landings, Zach

Frank can be reached at [email protected] or 1-505-327-0696 ( 6pm to 9pm mst. weekdays) and the following address:
Frank Bowman
1211 N. Allen
Farmington, NM. 87401

corsair44 07-22-2008 08:07 PM

I have it! I was in desperate need of a needle valve, extension, set screws etc all of which fell off my 90-4C during the last flight of my corsair. I have read all the threads here, searched the web far and wide. Finally I found: [email protected]

Ken Enya responded to me personally, clarified my order has been a joy to work with and in less than 24 hours my parts are headed this way. Extremely impressive! Just write at the above address.

I am so pleased, some of the best service I have received in this business bar none.

Kimhoff 07-22-2008 10:08 PM

Corsair44,

I bet you use a credit card. I have also had excellent service from Ken Enya but the only way you can buy from him is with plactic.

Don't know how Radial2122 thinks he will ever get parts for his Enya without a universal form of paymeent other than cash. Ain't going to happen in the year 2008. Put it on the shelf.

corsair44 07-22-2008 10:59 PM

actually used Paypal.

BTW, anyone have any tach numbers for the Enya 90 4c? Trying to match the right prop to my H9 60 corsair. Have tried 14x6 and 14x8, but can't get the vertical I am after...although it is very fast in level flight...almost too fast :)