RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/)
-   -   Tool Box (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/7473801-tool-box.html)

meaden 05-08-2008 09:54 PM

Tool Box

This doesn't really have much to do with RC but more with the fodder that collects in the shop.

I was helping my neighbors do some work around their house and their tool box had 4 hammers. All the same kind. At last count I had four limbs so I think at best I could only use two at the same time.

I took a count in my shop and I have six hammers, three regular, and three specialty. Then there is the drawer full of screw drivers. A drawer full of wrenches and sockets. A drawer full of pliers, cutters and specialty tools that I have two of.

Don't get me started on bucket loads of drill bits and hex wrenches I have. Various power tools, glues, paints, hardware and left over balsa.

Where dose it all come from? For my part, some I bought, some were passed on to me, and some (believe it or not) I found.

Can anyone tell me how I wound up with six shovels?

Flying freak 05-09-2008 06:10 AM

RE: Tool Box

ORIGINAL: meaden

Can anyone tell me how I wound up with six shovels?

You couldn't find the first 5 so went out and bought #6?

meaden 05-09-2008 06:23 AM

lol, I know I bought one. The rest just kinda showed up like stray animals.

Gauch 05-09-2008 06:57 AM

Now I know where my shovel is!

mclina 05-09-2008 10:16 AM

Once, I needed a new hacksaw. I could clearly remember that I needed a hacksaw a few months previous, but I couldn't find one anywhere, and assumed that I never bought one. I bought a new hacksaw, used it, and put it in my toolbox. The next time I opened my toolbox, there were two hacksaws sitting right on top of everything.

Nobody else uses my tools, so I have to assume that hacksaws have some way of reproducing.

Now, fingernail clippers are exactly the opposite. I must have bought 20 fingernail clippers over the past decade, and if I don't keep one hidden in my guitar case, I can never find one. Last time I bought four at once, put one in my guitar case, and gave one to each of the kids. Anybody want to bet that I'll be buying more within a year? I haven't lived with my parents for over 20 years now, but I could walk into their house and find their nail clippers in 5 seconds. What's with that?

spiral_72 05-09-2008 10:57 AM

Man! Nail clippers, ain't that the truth!!!! :eek:

KW_Counter 05-09-2008 02:56 PM

Six shovels are manadotry in a good work shop to remove all the BS that friends leave behind.
KW_Counter

meaden 05-09-2008 03:16 PM

So socks, nail clippers and tools replicate and disappear spontaneously?

Maybe I should throw a couple of bucks in my tool box and see what happens... :)

aimmaintenance 05-09-2008 03:52 PM

How many sets of the little hobby screwdrivers do you have? Once family and friends know your in this hobby they all buy you a set for Christmas. I'll bet I have at least 4 sets

I'm a contractor and have 2 vehicles so I have at least 2 of everything. So why is it that I never have the tool I want because both are in the OTHER vehicle thats not on the job today.

BillyGoat 05-10-2008 07:21 AM

ORIGINAL: aimmaintenance

I'm a contractor and have 2 vehicles so I have at least 2 of everything. So why is it that I never have the tool I want because both are in the OTHER vehicle thats not on the job today.
Amen to that brother but my problem isn't two vehicles. Just about everything on the truck is duplicated in the shop, so how do the truck tools keep showing up in the shop? :eek:

chashint 05-10-2008 10:34 PM

LOL I feel your pain just bought myself new nail clippers last week, I hid them in my pickup console, but I don't have much confidence that they are safe there either.

PoormansACE 05-11-2008 08:42 AM

ROAD FIND! thats how! my dad can spot a tool handtool in a ditch at 75+ MPH! and not just the big stuff either, even sockets. AND he remembers it! I was teasing him this morning about it. He cant remember any of his kids birth dates (mm/dd/yy), but ask him about the last 4 sockets hes found, he'll rattle off size, drive, make & location found! He told me not to feel bad about it though, cause he cant remember where he put the damned socket anyways!:D