Notices

New Somenized (TM) 69", Yak-54

Old 02-17-2008, 10:42 PM
Rezagh
My Feedback: (73)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 69" QQ Yak-54

Hi francesco,

Thank you for the comments. To answer your question all I did was replacing the OS 1.20 with YS 1.10. I did not change the battery location. This is the plane you see in the assembly manual I wrote. Everything is placed exactly like the manual.

It is a Rocket with YS 1.10. I am really happy with the performance of this plane. I fly it more than my 50cc. It is such a fun and excellent flying airplane.

Thank you,
Reza
Old 02-17-2008, 11:31 PM
marc 540
My Feedback: (6)

Francesco,
You may be slightly over propped with the 125. Try an APC 16x4 wide blade for more RPM's. How much does your plane weigh?

Marc 540[8D]
Old 02-19-2008, 10:51 PM
overbored77
My Feedback: (11)

Well I have a box full of parts for my 69" servos, extensions RX pack and New RX and a brand new
120AX with a pitts muffler, all the surfaces are hinged. And like an idiot I went to work and tore all the
ligaments and tendons in my Right wrist. I have been trying to fly on the sim but i can't use my right thumb.
Looks like my flight report will be coming around May. Rez. Excellent video I hope mine flies like yours.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:27 AM
Rezagh

Chris,

I hope you feel better soon. I am sure yours will fly just like mine!

Thanks,
Reza
Old 02-21-2008, 11:13 AM
ben beyer
My Feedback: (23)

Ouch man, get well soon!
Old 02-21-2008, 12:19 PM
pinguecola

chris, best wishes for you indeed !!!
now i have more flights on my saito 125. tappet clearance was almost 1 mm. [] !!!!!!! and it was weak but extremely regular anyway !!!!!!!
now it works better. not strong pull out but i feel more confident about it. i must say the saito is really regular. never i feel it will let me down. nice throttle response. nice idle. promt start (electric ). i will try 16-4 wide blade.
ciao a tutti
francesco
Old 02-26-2008, 05:34 AM
David Leitch

Yesterday I crashed my QQ Yak 69 inch. Wasn't the first plane I've crashed and won't be the last. A very stupid mistake just got disoriented flying v. early in the morning doing some inverted cuban 8s and snapped it out. Anyhow I enjoyed so much that before I even started kicking myself I started the process to order another. Before I did so I read the entire Aeroworks thread on their similar size Yak. I'm sure the aeroworks one is a quicker build, as much more prefab, but the QQ one flew so well for me, that I am going to stay with it. the aeroworks reviewer noted a bit of a need to watch the landing, but that hasn't been my experience with the QQ version

As an electric this plane is just superb, loads and loads of power, possibly with the prop I had it was little too fast for good 3D, since over 2000 watts even on 8S as an electric, but nevertheless harriered well and hovered better than I could. Might prop down a teeny bit with the next one. Also a real ***** cat on landing and was capable of flying very slow.

I can see why the Yaks are a popular model, very little coupling in knife edge and generally nice flying characteristics.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:28 PM
Edge5foamy

David Leitch, what motor/batteries are you using?
Old 02-26-2008, 02:57 PM
Rezagh

David,

Sorry to hear about your crash. I am sure your new one will be put together faster and even better from your previous experience.
Honest to God I think the 69" is the best small size plane I have flown. I fly all these large scale models but I take my 69" to the field regardless. It's always a pleasure to fly. Everything is right on the money, wing loading, power, 3D/Precision capability of the plane, speed, power and ...

I'd like to ask you while building yours, to provide us with some pictures on our RCU forum of your electric version. Things that can help others if they want to duplicate your set up.

Thank you,
Reza
Old 02-26-2008, 04:25 PM
David Leitch

Edge5Foamy.

I am/was using a Hacker C5010XL, 8S Flightpower 3700, 20x10. We estimated around 2200 watts when batteries were new. Think I only flew at full throttle twice in about 40-50 flights. Takeoff roll seemed to be around 10 metres. The flight time was only around 7-8 minutes. I have a 19x8 in the shop to try on the next one.

Rezagh.
I'll see what I can do about photos.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:10 PM
overbored77

Hey Rezagh,
Why is nitroplanes selling the 69" yak in a different color scheme for $199.
from what I have heard they are using the exact same manual as the one you
you wrote. Don't you get some kind of royalties for that?
Old 02-29-2008, 12:24 AM
Rezagh

Hi Chris,

I assure you it can't be our plane. However copying my manual is something out of my hand as it is available on the internet and dishonest people can copy. Unfortunately there are few people in this hobby that actually are original, many copycats. Could you email me a link to the plane and the manual.

Thank you,
Reza
Old 02-29-2008, 12:56 AM
Brenner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't know Rezagh, It looks like the exact same plane to me. You can check it out at:
Old 02-29-2008, 01:04 AM
Edge5foamy

I do have to say, aside from the wing tube, it does look like the same plane.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:11 PM
octanehuffer

Yeah Reza, unfortunatly it looks identical to Quique's. I still bought the 69" today(thank you very much). I dont trust the company for some reason, ie quality, support, being a knock off? It might be worth while investigating. As far as I know there is a trademark on Quique's planes. Correct?
Adam
Old 02-29-2008, 09:18 PM
Rezagh

Guys,

the construction can be deceiving. Placement of the componants i.e. wings, stabs,.... is what makes a design of a model different than other. Without having the drawing it would be very difficult to copy but not impossible!

What you are seeing is chinacote vs Oracover, aluminum tube vs CF, cheap throw away hardware vs quality hardware, Glass epoxy gear vs. aluminum a good proven design vs. knock off, customer service vs. No service, a pound heavier plane vs. the lightest plane in it's class. Support the people that strive to provide the best and are original or little by little you won't see them anymore!

Good Luck,
Reza
Old 02-29-2008, 09:52 PM
octanehuffer

You might want to wander over to the 3-D forums.. There is a thread started over there based on this matter. Its too bad that companies do this.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Brenner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hmmm,

So Reza, what you're saying is that you guy's don't know anything about this plane. You've never seen it before, and it's your speculation that someone has copied QQ's 69" Yak 54 part for part?

I don't think there is any doubt about the people in this forum supporting QQ Aircraft Company, but they are curious abouy how a thing like this happens. It's well known that the Chinese don't have much respect for copyright laws, but this plane appears to be exactly the same as the QQ 69" Yak in almost every detail, so much so, that it's hard not believe that this plane wasn't made in the same jigs, with the same templates. etc.

If this is truly a counterfeit plane, isn't it ilegal for Nitroplanes to sell it? You hear about police raiding counterfeiters all the time. Just yesterday it was reported that some guys in Italy got busted for building and selling counterfeit Feraris.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:40 PM
Rezagh

Brenner,

What's your point?
And again it is not built in the same factory. I will let Quique handle this but there is nothing that can stop people from copying unless on each design we get a trade mark/patent. Getting a trademark on each model would be so expensive that you guys would have to pay double the amount you are paying now!

I do not like to give a counterfeit any exposure on my forum! Our factory makes planes only for us and can hardly keep up with our demand hence the delay. I haven't seen the manual on the plane but I have heard they copied my manual! Now if you think I have the time or willing to spend thousands of dollars going after a counterfeit distributor to stop them from selling their products with my manual, you are wrong! This business doesn't have that much money in it. I am surprised how one can compare a business of such with Ferrari?? Come on guys get real! I need to have one of those planes in my hand and check with our drawing to be able to say if it is a copy even then I am not sure if I can do much!!

You are more than welcome to pay $200 for a poor counterfeit with poor quality in compare to the original but you will never get the quality or flying characteristics of the original nor the support and if this proved to be a copy then you are actually helping the thief by moving his copies but again copying a design is more complicated than what you see in the pictures and similarities that you find.

I actually see this some ways to our benefit. Those who think are saving money will buy one, spend more time to deal with the problems, few flights before you can hardly look at the plane again, at the end no satisfaction and lots of frustration then the word will be out there and the rest is obvious. Again I don’t think this would hurt us because those recognize QQ’s design, quality and support will never buy a counterfeit. There are however people that go through 2 planes in a weekend I see this at our field every weekend, these planes would be excellent choices for them.

Since DL50, DA50 sells have actually increased. I am not worried about one trying to copy a plane but I assure you the factory we work with, only works with us! Something like this from our factory and they will never have our business in their life time again! Now do you think anyone sane would risk a business of over 2000 planes in a year over selling 50 counterfeit to someone else at half the price?!

Thanks guys,
Reza
Old 03-01-2008, 05:56 PM
octanehuffer

Well said Reza. *** NP.
Continuing with the 69". How has the tank placement been on the plane as far as CG goes? How much does it change from full to empty? I was thinking of running the tank on the CG mark.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:20 PM
octanehuffer

I found all the answers I need after reading this entire forum
Old 03-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Rezagh

Adam,

I wouldn’t move the tank. Leave it where it is. At the end of the flight you will feel a very slight change of CG that actually makes the landings even easier.
Look at my videos, it lands like a butterfly

You will love this airplane, just build it like the manual, no extra weight anywhere and you will be very happy. Another thing is I defined the CG and I was very conservative. Knowing your flying experience, set your CG at 6 3/4 to 6 1/2. 7" is very conservative.

Take care,
Reza
Old 03-01-2008, 09:06 PM
octanehuffer

I will make sure to balance it at 6.5". Thank you.
Adam
Old 03-02-2008, 04:33 AM
David Leitch

Hmm I had a closer look at my yak that went in and decided its really only one wing half that wold take too long to repair. Is it possible to get spare parts anywhere?
Old 03-02-2008, 08:53 AM
overbored77

David on the QQ website it lists the replacement parts Here is a link

http://www.qqaircraft.com/downloads/parts/qqparts69.pdf
just scroll down to replacement parts

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.