Search
Notices

86" Arrival Date?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 06:09 PM
EMVIN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 86" Arrival Date?

THERE IN !!!!!!!! Mine is being shipped tommorow.....anyone else?? ....EMVIN....
Old 03-22-2007, 06:57 PM
crankpin
My Feedback: (15)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just sent them a mail msg. I was on the list, guaranteed for shipment and no phone call yet. They have all of my phone numbers, and I am ready to give them $$ info. Did anyone else get a phone call for CC and shipping info? How many of you have gotten a call?

Vince
Hobe Sound, FL
Old 03-22-2007, 09:13 PM
octanehuffer

I just tracked mine. I will have mine in hand and work tomorrow at 10 am. Come on UPS, dont fail me now. I pray for no box damage. Airplane is intransit from Chicago, departed 12:30 PM. thank you Molly, Reza and of course Quique. I can really be a pain in the ass.
Adam
Old 03-23-2007, 12:27 AM
EduardoC

they are out and no shippin rates yet... damn :P

hope i was in the list, but i bet you guys were of the first ones, congrats!
Old 03-23-2007, 06:35 AM
octanehuffer

A second shipment is not far behind. No worrys.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:46 AM
Barry Cazier
My Feedback: (17)

I was told that those of us who ordered the "combos" will have to wait a few more days. The engines, cannisters, and standoffs are a few more days out. They will hold the airplanes until the engines arrive and then ship them all together. She told me the engines would arrive in a couple of days. That was a couple of days ago. I'm kinda expecting Monday as a ship date. She also told me she was busy calling people to see if they still wanted them. She said she was into January orders and still calling. So if you ordered mid January or later you can still expect a call soon.

Sure looking forward to this plane.

Thanks
Barry
Old 03-23-2007, 10:48 AM
Barry Cazier

Octanehuffer...

Please tell us what your initial impressions are when you first open the box. Building can wait. We want info. Pictures if possible.

thanks
Barry
Old 03-23-2007, 12:26 PM
plasticman
My Feedback: (97)

Just got back from Quique's warehouse (the mother-load of Giant-Scale) picking up my 86! Quique and Molly took good care of me there and let me examine the plane before leaving. They come triple boxed and were beautifully packaged. This is going to be a signature plane (Crap! Why didn't I have Quique autograph it!). Quique told me he thinks it is the best Yak so far (I think he was even comparing this to the larger scale Yaks). He was very excited!

I am going to wait on the build since I have other planes that I want to fly right now. I'll save this one for mid-summer.

By-the-way....They were working very hard to get all the planes fully sealed for delivery and on their way. Molly said it has been chaotic trying to get everything done that fast. Quique himself was stapling up boxes and getting them ready for shipment.

P-man.

Old 03-23-2007, 01:02 PM
marc 540
My Feedback: (6)

Fello QQ Yaker's!!
I just maidened my 85'' QQ last sunday and it fly's awesome!!! I'm sure the 86'' will be just as great or better!! I ordered my 85'' last november because I just could not wait for the 86'' and I wanted to be ready for spring. I kind of wish I would have waited but I know I will love the 85'' also!!

Marc 540[8D]
Old 03-23-2007, 03:15 PM
EduardoC

ORIGINAL: Barry Cazier

I was told that those of us who ordered the "combos" will have to wait a few more days. The engines, cannisters, and standoffs are a few more days out. They will hold the airplanes until the engines arrive and then ship them all together. She told me the engines would arrive in a couple of days. That was a couple of days ago. I'm kinda expecting Monday as a ship date. She also told me she was busy calling people to see if they still wanted them. She said she was into January orders and still calling. So if you ordered mid January or later you can still expect a call soon.

Sure looking forward to this plane.

Thanks
Barry
aaah, no Thank you, that brings some nice peace of mind... yeah, i want a combo hehehe. The 1400 bucks one :P. If you are going to spend, spend well!
Old 03-23-2007, 05:59 PM
Barry Cazier

Ahhhhhhhh....Baby!

Molly just called me. Mine shipped yesterday. Yahooooooooo. I checked UPS and it will be here Wednesday. I'm pumped up. I can't wait to build this baby. I'm sure it will take me a month to get it together...maybe 2 weeks but that's ok. I need a project. I'm looking forward to it.

thanks
Barry
Old 03-23-2007, 06:24 PM
crankpin

Spoke with Molly today. My new 86" is on it's way, get's here Wednesday. UPS shipping number also. I will make a few passes at my home to follow up with UPS. She sez "all in one box".

Vince
Hobe Sound, FL
Old 03-23-2007, 07:18 PM
EduardoC

hahahaah a pity i can't call her.. she's in teh US im in Mexico and it's expensive, will have to wait for those nice shipping rates .
Old 03-23-2007, 07:31 PM
octanehuffer

I opened the boxes at lunch today. Both my boss and my self were drooling, Andy is also an avid RCer. Amazing quality. I am very impressed through out. The covering is perfect, the build quality is perfect. I did find a broken turtle deck rib that was glued along the crack. Who builds a model and dosnt break at least one part punching it out of the die cast or lazer cut wood. Happens to me. My 1/4 scale H-9 product has two broken wing ribs right next to each other and the SOB building it didnt even glue it up. Fit and finish is perfect. Later tonight I may post acouple pics for you. I am building a step by step for my fields website. Out.
Adam
Old 03-23-2007, 07:44 PM
EMVIN

OK now that we are getting them who's using what. JR FUtaba "Spectrum" Hitec..........
Old 03-23-2007, 07:53 PM
plasticman

I was all set with my equipment: DA-50 w/canister, Hitec 5955's all around, Vess 22A prop, Pete's Models CF Spinner, JR guidance, Smart-Fly regulators, Titanium axles, etc, but after talking to Quique he was concerned about a couple of my choices. First, he said that the 5955 is a fine servo but lacks the resolution that the JR 8611 or 8711 has. Second, he told me that the Vess prop is too thick and does not give the RPM that a CF prop does.

So, I may trade out two of the 5955's for JR 8711's and use those in the elevator. Then, I may purchase a PT 22x8 CF prop. These modifications to my list were also discussed and Quique thought that would be a good setup. What do you all think?

P-man.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Barry Cazier

Here's what I posted in the other thread about my set up.

Thanks
Barry
Here's my set up.

Engine: DA50R
Prop: NX 22x8
Muffler: MTW TD75 Cannister
Rudder: HS5955TG
Elevators: (2) HS5955TG
Ailerons: (2) HS5985MG
Throttle: Futaba S9001
Receiver: Futaba G3 14 channel
Spinner: 4" AirWild
Smart Fly optical kill switch (learned my lesson to make sure and use one of these)
Ignition battery: Expert 1500mA NiMH 6 volt
Receiver battery: Hydrimax Hobbico 2000mA NiMH 6 volt
TBM Titanium axles
Kavan 3.5" light weight tires
Manual choke arrangement (reach through the cowl with a stick)
Radio: Futaba 12Z

That's all the stuff I can think of. I have it all except the axles and wheels which are on order.

My goal is to come in at 16lbs or LESS. I need it up here in thin air.

When I get this plane done I do a review/comparison with the AirWild Extra and CAP. Should be interesting. Those planes fly so good...it will be interesting to see how the Yak stands up.

thanks
Barry
Old 03-23-2007, 07:57 PM
Barry Cazier

ORIGINAL: plasticman

I was all set with my equipment: DA-50 w/canister, Hitec 5955's all around, Vess 22A prop, Pete's Models CF Spinner, JR guidance, Smart-Fly regulators, Titanium axles, etc, but after talking to Quique he was concerned about a couple of my choices. First, he said that the 5955 is a fine servo but lacks the resolution that the JR 8611 or 8711 has. Second, he told me that the Vess prop is too thick and does not give the RPM that a CF prop does.

So, I may trade out two of the 5955's for JR 8711's and use those in the elevator. Then, I may purchase a PT 22x8 CF prop. These modifications to my list were also discussed and Quique thought that would be a good setup. What do you all think?

P-man.
My experience with the HS5955TG servo has been very good. I'm putting them in mine and not looking back. I'm going with a plain old wood NX prop. So far I'm pretty impressed with them but haven't tried the carbon fiber prop.

Thanks
Barry
Old 03-23-2007, 08:48 PM
plasticman

Barry,

We have close setups. I have all the equipment and ready to go. Right now though, I am busy flying a Fiber-Lite Edge and I don't want to miss any flying days. Albeit, the weather here is less than ideal: rain, winds, etc. I am also shooting for 16-lbs or under. I plan on using Fromeco Li-ions for ignition and Lipoly for Rx. The plane looks very well built and the covering job is fantastic. Somewhere, I missed the info on the provided wing bags. The bags included are nice and I wish I had not purchased the ones I did.

I think I will also try to eliminate the choke servo if possible. I may have someone machine me a custom arm to control it outside the cowl. You'll have yours built before me so keep posting.

Good luck.

P-man.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:49 PM
EMVIN

So far I will be installing hitec 5985's ele and ail and 5955 on the rudder DA-50 with stock pipe 22 X 8 carbon fiber, Mejzlik. undecided on the spiner truturn or carbon fiber. 2000ma nmh on the ignition and a TBM 5600ma LiIon for the radio. Anyone using the spectrum? I have heard nothing but good things and am strongly considering. I'm currently using a Futaba 7Cap.

Barry or anyone else can you tell me about the optical Kill switch. This is my first gasser and am not sure what it is..

EMVIN
Old 03-23-2007, 09:11 PM
shakes268

EMVIN, the fiber optic kill switch plugs into the receiver and gets assigned to a transmitter switch for that channel. It has 2 parts - a fiber optic receiver and a fiber optic transmitter.
The receiver sits up near the engine and basically cuts power to the ignition module, stopping the engine.

The fiber optics are used to make the connection, so no chance of interference traveling down a wire to the receiver. It sounds complicated, but its not. The smart-fly version will not allow power to the ignition unless the receiver is switched on. Which is a GOOD safetey feature.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:21 PM
plasticman

Emvin,

The optical kill switch is a necessity in my opinion. It is has two parts: the light source (transmitter) and the receiver. A piece of fiber-optic cable runs between the light source and receiver. You will plug the light source into your guidance receiver and the transmitter side (which acts like a switch) connects to your ignition. This way, you can kill your ignition battery input to kill the engine. This setup is really easy to install and is a great safety device as well. Its weight penalty is insignificant in my opinion.

As for spinner....If you don't want to spend the "big" bucks on a Pete's Model spinner ($100.00) then check out the fiberglass and Carbon Fiber models at http://www.espritmodel.com/index.asp...S&Category=618 The BB models.

Lastly, I have not used Spectrum but I got to meet Pete Goldsmith (spelling?). He is largely responsible for the Spektrum product and I am sold on its use for flying Giant Scale. I am on the virge of purchasing the module for my JR 9303.

P-man.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:54 PM
EduardoC

AAAAA i want to die! i bought a 100$ spinner... aluminium.. dang...
Old 03-24-2007, 05:02 AM
crankpin

I just wrote to QQ's site. The engine standoff's. Looking at the manual, the one's they supply, have a flare at the firewall mount. Are these only avaiable from QQ Aircraft? I am buying the DA50 from local hobby shop. I will purchase the engine from QQ's if only place to get those nice standoffs. 86" due here Wednesday.

Vince
Hobe Sound, FL
Old 03-24-2007, 06:13 AM
EMVIN

Thanks for the responce.. The kill switch is a must have.

P-man thats an amaizing price for a carbon fiber spinner!! Do you have one I,m wondering about the quality.....Thanks EMVIN....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.