Notices

86" Anti rotation pins

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 07:58 PM
zope_pope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 86" Anti rotation pins

Hi Reza,

Thanks again for your help with Bax Global. They delivered my package very promptly! Anyhow, I have been putting my yak together and am now at the step where you insert the antirotation pins into the wings. The problem is, when I measure out the correct 10mm for the front pins, the pin won't make it into rib 2 (not long enough). I have seen other threads where the pins holes are drilled higher on the front pin than the rear pin, but all of mine are exactly the same. Have the measurements changed? Did i just get two of the wrong part? Please let me know if there is anything I can do to keep the build moving, or do I need to wait for the correct pins. Thanks again.

Adam
Old 07-15-2007, 09:52 PM
marzo91
My Feedback: (57)

Default RE: 86" Anti rotation pins

Can you drill a hole on the other end a little closer to the end of the pin? That should give you more to work with.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:12 PM
Rezagh
My Feedback: (73)

Hi Adam,

Please measure the length of your pins and let me know. I'll check tomorrow afternoon. I do have a fix for it though but if the pins are just short, I'll see if I can have Molly send you the right ones.

Thank you,
Reza
Old 07-16-2007, 01:10 PM
zope_pope

Thanks guys.

The pins are 3 7/16". They fit right for the rear anti rotation pins, but the hole is too low on the pin to work for the fronts. The pins should have two different hole heights as on this picture, but they are all the same on my kit. I was thinking of just drilling the other side, but I don't have a drill press to accurately do it. I guess I'll have to get one eventually. Let me know. THanks.

http://www.teamflyingcirkus.com/foru...0&d=1175995439
Old 07-17-2007, 06:12 PM
zope_pope

Reza,

Any news?
Old 07-18-2007, 12:32 AM
niceflattop

I just started my build and I have the exact same problem. My pins measure 3 1/2" to 3 9/16. I can make the rear pins just touch the opening of the second rib but thats as far as they go if I want to hold the correct measurment. I called QQ today and left my contact info to get some help. Unfortunately everyone was out. So maybe tomarrow we'll hear somthing.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:03 AM
zope_pope

Hmmm, maybe someone at the factory thought all the pins were the same. I have my rears glued in fine. I was happy with how far they went into rib 2, but in the front, the pins don't even get to the hole in r2. If they call you, let me know. I have been waiting on reza to get me an answer. If I dont hear from him soon though I'll give them a call. Thanks.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:15 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi guys I don't know if this will help or not, on the 85" the 10.5mm dim leaves the hole for the pin approximatly 4mm away from the washer when assembled, I suggest you assemble everything dry and see how much room you have to insert the pin, they may be long enough.

Mike