Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic > Quiques Aircraft Support - CLOSED
Reload this Page >

What aircraft did Quique use to win the F3A Championship?

Notices

What aircraft did Quique use to win the F3A Championship?

Old 06-17-2008, 03:48 AM
atul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What aircraft did Quique use to win the F3A Championship?

Reza:

Did Quique use one of his YAK's to win the F3A championship?

What plane precisely did he use and what was the engine and fuel on it? (or is the latter part a secret)?

Just curious. I thought it was the 73" Yak with a YS 170 Dingo. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,

Atul
Old 06-17-2008, 07:52 AM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: What aircraft did Quique use to win the F3A Championship?

[8D]
Old 06-17-2008, 08:02 PM
sethslasher

ORIGINAL: atul123

Reza:

What plane precisely did he use and what was the engine and fuel on it? (or is the latter part a secret)?

Just curious. I thought it was the 73" Yak with a YS 170 Dingo. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,

Atul
Atul, it was a pattern airplane, not one that he sells through his company. The plane he used was the Euphoria, his design through Oaxi models. Dont know if this will be produced or not.

Seth
Old 06-18-2008, 03:07 AM
Nickolas

ORIGINAL: sethslasher

ORIGINAL: atul123

Reza:

Thanks,

Atul
Atul, it was a pattern airplane, not one that he sells through his company. The plane he used was the Euphoria, his design through Oaxi models. Dont know if this will be produced or not.

Seth

ΟΧΑΙ Models Euphoria powered by a YS-170 DZ. The model is produced indeed and can be purchased via OXAI. OXAI is a chinese based company that makes some of the best F3A models, taking feedback and guidelines from the best F3A pilots worldwide (Naruke, Matt, Seba, QQ and soon CPLR let's see....)

The models are not composite constructions, they are made of balsa mainly and ply like the Japanese models and their paint is astonishing. Initially they started to manufacturer models for the Japanese pilots such as Naruke but after while started co-operations with other well known names. I have seen in person Wolfgang Matt's planes from close and all I can say is that these models are the best F3A planes I have even seen. They have perfect finish, and they are damn light.

I wish I had one...[]

Nikos
Old 06-18-2008, 03:10 AM
atul

Nicolas, Seth:

Thanks for your replies.

Is there a website where one can view these planes - the Euphoria in particular? And a writeup on them, etc. Any links would be appreciated.

Atul
Old 06-18-2008, 03:19 AM
Nickolas

Here you go:

http://www.oxai-rc.com/main/detail.aspx?ID=35

I read QQ's interview in May's AMA Magazine if not mistaken, and he was analysing the major benefits of the Euphoria bipe. QQ please correct me if I am wrong... He mentioned that the major benefits are:

- Very strong rudder, and performance in the yaw axis, which is very usefull for the integrated manouvers of today's F3A schedules.
- Centers of lift and pressure very close to the wing root which eliminate wing rocking due to the aspect ratio of the bipe.
- Draggy design for break in the downlines and constant speed feeling.
- Very good performance in snap rolls.

QQ's bipe was designed with the aid of Wayne Ulery as all of QQ's models.

Regards,
Nikos
Old 06-19-2008, 01:00 AM
atul

ORIGINAL: Nickolas

Here you go:

http://www.oxai-rc.com/main/detail.aspx?ID=35

QQ's bipe was designed with the aid of Wayne Ulery as all of QQ's models.

Regards,
Nikos
Nikos:

Thanks for the reference. What's amazing about the plane is that it only weights 2.5 KG - which is lower than a normal 40-sized plane!!

I wonder why on earth a YS 170 is needed to power such a light plane. I guess full throttle is never used? I guess the flight weight is higher (closer to 5 KGS or 11 lbs, etc.)

The OXAI models all look to be of the highest quality. However, their appearance (to me) looks a little too rounded; it's almost like they are from a Sci-Fi movie.

I wonder if OXAI could make 'normal' models (like the CAP 232) as light as these F3A models. What do they use: conventional Balsa or Carbon Fibre?

Nice planes for sure. I wonder if cheaper versions are available (like one gets the "Focus sport" in place of the "focus II") for mere mortals such as us!

atul

Old 06-27-2008, 10:42 AM
BULLSEYE
My Feedback: (3)

I sent the US distributor an e-mail inquiring about the Euphoria. The Euphoria sells for $4295.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:19 AM
atul

Wow. Certainly not cheap! A more inexpensive version for the rest of us at some point would help!

atul
Old 07-03-2008, 10:59 AM
onewasp

Not likely as my understanding is that Oxai has the resale/kit rights for the Euphoria.

It has been that way since the start of kit makers based upon the designs of others (and usually winners of one or more major championships).

Way back you could purchase the plans and create your own. I am not aware of that possibility on the more recent designs.
From what I've seen of Oxai construction the regular modeler-builder (not ARF assembler) would have a hard, hard time matching the light weight construction techniques.

Today it isn't easy to come up with true contest grade balsa, much less the experience necessary to fabricate the structure.

On Pattern A/C the low volume levels make it very hard to offer the planes AND make money. The necessary numbers simply aren't there.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:19 PM
atul

Good points. A cheaper version of these planes - or something like these planes: the FOCUS SPORT is a good example - would certainly not be expected to be as light; There's a market out there for some of the more well known manufacturers to take a shot at creating it with a licensed copy of these high-end models!

atul