Notices

PYTHON QUESTIONS

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 09:51 AM
RICK9303
My Feedback: (172)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PYTHON QUESTIONS

Rezagh, Just got the Gen1V 102 Yak54 flying, and what a great plane. Of course I cann't stop looking at the Python 100 bipe. I've looked at the on line manual, and some of the thread you started on RCU. As others have commented you did a excellant job on both. My questions refer to putting the Python togather at the field. It was said that it goes togather, as fast as the Yak54, but you didn't go over in the manual how it goes togather, a pic is worth a thousand words. I see that the top wing goes on a tube, and 2 ply extensions per side have blind nuts from the center section. How are you getting power to the servos? I didn't see any extensins going to top wing. Next bottom wing, does it bolt on, use hitch pins to hold on. Why do you have to go out of the top of the wing with the extension, instead of the end, like all of your other planes. What about the inter plane struts, how are they held on, no mention was given about this. One of QQ's best selling prompts, for me, was his video of his Yak 86 inch, where he went over all the new improvements on a Yak54 that had the cowl off, to show the engine, all servos, and bateries installed. It opened my eyes to just how great this new version was. Since buying the 86 inch, I just bought the Gen1V 102 inch Yak54, what a sweet flying plane. i have only a few flights on the 102, but it went togather just as good as it's smaller brother did.
Rezagh, You mentioned alot in the thread of making every one comfortable about buying one of QQ's planes. I know that the Python has been out a while, but is there a way you could post some pics of the items I mentioned. I would sure feel better seeing how this thing goes togather at the field. I already known that with QQ's name on it, great flying is not a issue. If this thing goes togather like my Yaks', it is what I'm looking for. Thanks for your time
Rick
Old 08-23-2008, 10:13 AM
Rezagh
My Feedback: (73)

Default RE: PYTHON QUESTIONS

Hi Rick,

First of all I am so happy that you are liking your 102" Secondly thank you for your kind words.
Python takes about 10-12 minutes to put together. Yak about 5min for me if I just put it together and not talk and socialize

Your point is a valid one and I will do this and add it to the thread and here. Give me a little time as I will need to take it to the field and maybe I even do a video as well.

Thank you again for all your kind words.
Reza
Old 08-23-2008, 12:11 PM
sethslasher

Rick, while Reza is getting the pics I'll write out how it goes together.

For the top wing servos, the aileron extensions are run out of the fuse, up the cabane into the center wing section, and out the sides. On my Python, I taped the extensions to the cabane on both sides so that they are kind of hidden.

For the top wing mounting method, there are two tabs on each side of the Python that protrude from the center wing section. These have blind nuts in them, and the wing halves slide over them, and bolts are inserted with washers through the wing into the blind nuts.

For the bottom wings, they slide onto two wing tubes, a tube the size of the top wing tube, and a much smaller tube that is used as an anti-rotation pin in the leading edges of the wings. Once on, there are two nylon thumb screws that screw into the wings from inside the pipe/can tunnel. The servo extensions are also run through the tunnel.

Interplane struts are held on with four small screws into blind nuts that are in tabs on the wings.

Im not sure what you mean by "Why do you have to go out of the top of the wing with the extension, instead of the end, like all of your other planes." All of my extensions on all four wings come out the ends.

Hope this helps a bit.

Seth
Old 08-23-2008, 09:00 PM
RICK9303

Seth, I may have been looking at a pic wrong. It was on page 25, figure 62.63. But it also says something about elevator. After going back again, I did see aileron extensions going out of fuse, up cabane. Have you had any problems with screws backing out of blind nuts?Did you use a little loctite to help hold? I think most of the assembly is some what clear, can wait for Rezagh, to post some pics. Thanks for your help.
Rick
Old 08-24-2008, 12:03 PM
sethslasher

Rick, I am not sure what screws you are talking about, but the screws in the cabane have always stayed tight (in both the center wing and inside the fuse), but I did use loctite on them when I assembled it.

I see what you are saying now. On my Python, I just ran the wires out of the end of the bottom wing and cut a small hole in the side of the pipe tunnel for the wires to go back into the fuse. They are telling you to do that so that the wires will not touch the pipe(s) if you choose to go that route. I did not install a pipe in mine origionally, but I am currently converting mine from a DA 100 (stock mufflers) to a DA 85 (Greeve Pipe), and I may have to change it to the way it shows in the manual. You dont want your servo wires to melt!

Hope this makes sense.

Seth
Old 08-24-2008, 06:04 PM
RICK9303

Seth, What I'm talking about as for screws, are the ones that hold the top wing outer panels, the screws that hold the inter plane struts. These are screws you are taking in and out every time you assemble or tear down. In some of the bipes I had before, i had to use nyloc nuts to keep them from coming off. But in the case of internal blind nuts you can't do this. That is why I asked about any screws backing off.
Rick