Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > R/C Helicopter Event Forum
Reload this Page >

Winamac Heli's Over The Heartland!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
R/C Helicopter Event Forum Discuss all the upcoming events here.

Winamac Heli's Over The Heartland!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 02:16 AM
Tim Redelman
My Feedback: (36)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Winamac Heli's Over The Heartland!!!!

The Winamac Aeromodelers will be putting on there first Heli meet this year. We have a great field, 18 acres with a 800x50' runway and surrounded by corn and soybeans. You can see the site at, www.winamacaeromodelers.com The dates for the event will be the 14th 15th and 16th of September. I run the jet meet and we usually have about 80 pilots in attendance. So I will be taking a crack at a heli meet this year. Our club is happy to host such an event and any suggestions will be appreciated. More information will be posted soon but I wanted to get a post up early in the year so people can get the time off needed to attend. I also usually take the whole week off so if anyone would like to come earlier that is a welcome option. We have plenty of room for overnight storage and charging in a locked building that is on site. Also there are no restrictions other than being safe and having a great time . There will be a free barbeque chicken dinner with potatoes and baked beans on Saturday night for all the pilots and there helpers. There is also plenty of room for motor homes and campers w/no hookups. A $20.00 regisration fee includes the free dinner. No pre. reg. We also have on spot away from the runway but next to the storage area/hanger, a 30' dia. heli pad that may be more useful to the beginer that wishes to come and get some help from the pros! We use this as our personal heli pad but it can only accomadate 1 person at a time safely.(I think) May be a good place to check setups and such. I am available most of the time @1-219-688-3984cell and @ 1-574-946-4822 home. Hotel info and maps are on the Winamac Aeromodelers website. Hope to see you there.

Tim Redelman.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22319.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	598293   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95933.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	598294  
Old 01-15-2007, 08:35 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: Winamac Heli's Over The Heartland!!!!

Looks like a nice field, good luck with your event.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:08 AM
Flipper
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Winamac Heli's Over The Heartland!!!!

Sounds like a plan, I always come see the jet meet.