Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Unusual R/C > R/C Sky Diving
Reload this Page >

Time to start comming out of our long winters nap

Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

Time to start comming out of our long winters nap

Old 01-16-2011, 07:55 AM
dmowery

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time to start comming out of our long winters nap

Hey all
time to wake up this forum as been a long cold winter and real quite on here

any one still reading this ?
or have all gone to another site?
just sems we had a lot more discussion back a ways and dont seem to get up much interest in our small part of flying
I have th new Telemaster almost ready just waiting on the strut ends to arrive and get the decals done
A new design jumper and chute will appear soon to try out when the snow leaves -around July LOL

Lets hear what everone is doing to pass the winter away
Old 01-16-2011, 09:28 AM
hy flyr
My Feedback: (27)

Default RE: Time to start comming out of our long winters nap

Do you have a website to purchase skyjumpers? Thanks
Old 03-30-2011, 08:53 AM
fly103-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Hi Dmowery,
Its been awhile since Ive gotten any drops in but it looks like after some life and job changes im going to get back started on finnishing the 12' Telemaster (Still have a goal to get 6 jumper drop) .. Pulled the Senior Telemaster out of storage and it looks like it wont take much to get her back up and flying.. Maybe get a few drops in next weekend.. Do we have a Forum that is were everyone uses as the main R/C Skydiving get together??

Talk to you soon!!!
Ken
Old 03-30-2011, 09:21 AM
fly103-RCU

Lets get Pics of what everyone is doing???? Has anyone got pics of the Muncie contests and any of the others???
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26624.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	1586239   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19495.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	1586240   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo38687.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	1586241   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up46652.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	208.5 KB
ID:	1586242  
Old 03-31-2011, 11:49 AM
edge_pilot
My Feedback: (73)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am on alot of the forums and this is by far the best one for radio controlled skyidving.

We have everything ready to go for the first nice day, but in Ohio that seems to be the problem. The weather here really isn't cooperating. We have a jump plane rigged with altimeter, video (2 types), and electric power all ready to go. We have several jumpers ready to go as well.

Hey Ken, good to see you back in the hobby again, seems like it has been a while since I have heard from you on here.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:53 AM
RiaanLR

Well for us in SA the summer is at an ending and we start thingking of the winter projects. I to are finishing a Snr. telemaster. I see you mention that you wait fore the strut ends. What did you use or buy. I must still do mine. Will be putting on a 26cc.

The 16th of April we are having our clubs fly-inn and use it for a small skydiving event. Will keep you up to date.

Regards
Riaan
R/C Skydive SA
Old 03-31-2011, 02:05 PM
dmowery

Still got to much snow here and hope its all gone by 4 thJuly-got some new divers chompin at the bit to get in the air-The new drop plane is finished and sitting ready to maiden and check out , the 26 Zenoah should be a good one to fly - have some key chain cameras want to try out on the divers ,writeups on them are good- camera system from the Sr Kadet will be installed on the Tele at later date - Got some lawnmower racing and Kart racing to get ready as 2 April first race -Guess it will be a mud bath , think I will sit this one out and just be a flagman- Yup Im chickin and dont want to clean the racer with cold water outside-Me dumb yes, Stupid NO- well at least I think so , but othersthink ,who knows- Hang in there guys it will get warmer -Saw first garage sale sign today and thats a sure sign of Spring comming
Good to see you back Ken
Old 04-01-2011, 03:17 AM
fly103-RCU

Looks like our weather here in Western NC is following suit with everywere else.. we are having what i hope is our last cold snap.. 30 degrees with a little snow in the higher elavations.. Cant wait to get a few drops in.. forgot how much of a stress release flying RC and dropping our skydivers was.. Was hoping to get 12' Telemaster ready by May for the Joe Nall flyin in Woodruff SC.. This is the largest Giant Scale model flyin in the world.. Would love to get a 6 Jumper drop.. maybe even a 6 jumper night drop.. anyone going to the Joe Nall??? May need a few more Skydiver pilots???
Old 04-01-2011, 06:39 AM
R/C Skydiver
My Feedback: (3)

Hi Ken,

Glad to hear you are getting back into RC Skydiving.

Some of the Joe Nall officials asked last year if anyone was interested in making a mass RC Skydiver drop at the noon demo. Most guys did not want to participate because of the limited space to jump. Most were worried about hitting one of the expensive models all over the pit area.

A jump had been made at the old Joe Nall field a few years ago and a "Mike" landed a in the trees. Cost him quite a bit to hire a tree climber to get it down.

I don't think I would want to try a jump there!

I will be jumping 3 "mikes" from my Stinger at the Hodges Hobby field in Andersonville, Ga on Sat of next week. Mac is having a full scale Cub Rally and the Cub pilots want to see a demo of all kinds or RC flying. Mac has lined up some "experts" and of course, he will fly his famous 20' wingspan B-29. It should be agood day.

Jim
Old 04-01-2011, 05:26 PM
fly103-RCU

Hi Jim,
Glad to hear from you!! Still dont have the time i used to have but hope to soon!! Really need a break from work work work!! This great country of ours is in a survival mode with the economy like it is.. Just getting a workbench set up so i can start getting a few planes ready to fly has been GREAT!!

I was the one who located the Mike Jumper in the tree at Joe Nall.. The drop was to high for the wind conditions and not droped far enough upwind.. Several factors were involved that day.. If you go far enough upwind for the wind conditions so you could hit the target you risk loosing the jumper if the chute fails to open.. Thus they decided to drop closer to the edge of the field.. This would have been a good call had they not gone so high.. even with the chute turned into the wind and full stall on the lines the chute passed the center of the field at the height they should have dropped at.. Ive done a dozen or more shows were the drop must go on and found adding ballast to the jumper on windy days works great.. Float time isnt as good but you at least get to put on a show without loosing the jumper.. If i cant get things ready for this years Joe Nall i will definitly have it ready for next year and i will supply the jumpers and drop plane..

I wish Andersonville Ga. wasnt so far i would love to come.. sounds like you are going to have a blast.. Ive restored several full scale Cubs and have been looking for another basket case cub to restore.. if you see any good deals get a number for me.. Please!! Please!! have someone take a lot of picks and videos of your drops so we can all see!!!

EVERYONE REMEMBER TO TAKE PICTURES AND VIDEOS AND POST THEM HERE SO EVERYONE CAN SEE!!

Talk to you soon!!